Question re Length

This may be a dumb question however curiosity is getting the better of me!

With the new length trailer various hauliers are now running does this now mean its legal to pull a 45footer with units ie T-cab Scania, Longline Scania or the Volvo XXL FH they released a couple of years ago?

Someone asked a similar question on another post the other day.

Probably not as the extra length is allowable for the trailer not the combination. Haven’t Brussels just decided to allow longer tractor units or total length to build crumple zones into the lorrys? but does not come into force for a while.

Really thought this topic was about something else with the title, I only have a small one.

Sapper

no matter how big it is there is always someone who wants a bigger one :unamused:

It is not length that matters but the power and stroke :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: that’s what my Mrs says :unamused: :blush:

alder:
It is not length that matters but the power and stroke :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: that’s what my Mrs says :unamused: :blush:

She’s just trying to make you feel better :slight_smile:

Oh ■■■■ mine says that too :confused:

I used to have a big one, then it got a lot smaller then grew really large before returning back to just a big one :smiley: :smiley:

(artic/sprinter/wagon and drag/artic) :exclamation:

GBD:
I used to have a big one, then it got a lot smaller then grew really large before returning back to just a big one :smiley: :smiley:

(artic/sprinter/wagon and drag/artic) :exclamation:

PMSL

At least I didn’t mention GIRTH in the title!

that would then raise the question of how big the gap is that you want to put it in. you dont want to increase girth if its a tight squeeze with an average one

Could be wrong but I thought there was no maximum length for tractor/semi trailer combination.I once read that they have to be able to complete a circuit within two concentric circles (dont know the diameters) without overswing of the outer circle or cut in on the inner one.

Thats why they introduced rear steer systems or so it said in the article.Mind you was a few years ago.

Bking:
Could be wrong but I thought there was no maximum length for tractor/semi trailer combination.I once read that they have to be able to complete a circuit within two concentric circles (dont know the diameters) without overswing of the outer circle or cut in on the inner one.

Thats why they introduced rear steer systems or so it said in the article.Mind you was a few years ago.

gov.uk/moving-goods-by-road
Read this.
Of course there is a maximum length,or everybody would run what they could. 16 metres for artics and 18.75 metres for drawbars. And yes they do have to conform to a turning radius. The new LHV “longer” trailers have rear-steer so they can still comply with the same turning radius as a “normal” trailer.

Skippy70:

Bking:

gov.uk/moving-goods-by-road
Read this.
Of course there is a maximum length,or everybody would run what they could. 16 metres for artics and 18.75 metres for drawbars. And yes they do have to conform to a turning radius. The new LHV “longer” trailers have rear-steer so they can still comply with the same turning radius as a “normal” trailer.

Aha, think u and another poster answers it for me! As a T-cab etc would have bigger turning circle it’s not legal!

Thank you all!