Retaking a test

If you fail a test are you obliged to re-test using the same school/test centre?
Not that I’m unhappy with either of them but it’s a bloody long way.
(They are in Northern Irland,I am in Surrey).

On the other side of the coin,is a local school likely to accept me just for a test and 1 days training?

Leonard Hatred:
On the other side of the coin,is a local school likely to accept me just for a test and 1 days training?

more than likely they will as you will put coffers in thier beer token tin! they wont knock you back just because you havent done the training if they are a reputable set up!

good luck mate

Leonard Hatred:

The training company I work for would - 1 day to get used to truck and then test next day - no prob and I would imagine that other schools do same.

Leonard Hatred:
If you fail a test are you obliged to re-test using the same school/test centre?

Not at all.

I only did a further two tests (D & CE) back at the same place because I knew all the routes and got a good deal.

If you go for something nearer, it might be worth finding out the test routes and find out where all the awkward bits are.

Don’t want to say ‘I told you so’ Leonard Hatred, but when you decided that you were going to go to NI, I for one did worry about what you would do if you didn’t pass, and advised you consider very carefully your decision!

I hope you find a nice local company that you can go with.

I didn’t like the NI idea.It sounded great on face value but I think you overlooked the possibility of ending up in your current situation. Sometimes things just won’t always go to plan. Try approaching schools within commuting distance from you, explain the situation and I’m sure most will be willing to accomodate you. Best of luck Mate and hope you’ll get your C+E soon.