re-test

Does anybody know how long you have to wait for a retest? I failed my c-e last Friday and was told there is a waiting list, I am going to phone them on Monday to try and find out how long they think I will have to wait. Don’t want to wait too long, if I do have to wait is it a bad idea to try and go through another company■■? :confused:

adam79:
Does anybody know how long you have to wait for a retest?

That would be dependant on -
(A) There is a minimum 3 working day wait - DSA rules
(B) What test slots the centre has available
(C) The availability of the truck - not being used for training when (B) is available
(D) The availability of the instructor - might be on annual leave etc

Don’t want to wait too long, if I do have to wait is it a bad idea to try and go through another company■■?

As a rule, I think you’re better off sticking with the truck, instructor and area you’re familiar with. But if you’re thinking of a change simply ring round explaining the situation. ALWAYS have a look before you book any training/test and, unless you’re loaded and you’re planning on buying a full course, go for an assessment drive. This will reassure you (or otherwise) before you commit.

It can be a dodgy path to follow but can also work very well if you make the correct decisions along the way.

Good luck :laughing:

BTW Rog is correct with his info but just to mention that the 3 day wait INCLUDES Saturday. The earliest you could take a test legally is this coming Wednesday. Also , there isn’t a waiting list for tests to speak of. (unless Peterborough is different to most other places) :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
there isn’t a waiting list for tests to speak of

What does often happen though is that many training schools book many more tests than they need well in advance so they have the option of test dates/times when they run the courses.
One downside is that the schools have to pay for these test slots so their capitol is ■■■■■■■ and another downside is that all the test slots look booked BUT the schools can give up those slots and get their booking fees returned providing they do it with at least 3 clear days prior to the slot.
That test coming back onto the market 3 days before it is due is not usually much use for a course booking test but can be useful for a retest - if the school has a vehicle & instructor free to use for it.

Many schools ‘give-up’ the early tests if they have too many to use and that is why many retests are the first test of the day.