Long waiting time for Class 1 re-test :((

Hi,
I failed my Class 1 today, well wasn’t happy in the morning because of this but I went so angry where I found out that I have to wait 4-5 weeks for my retest!!!
When I done my class 2 and my cat D last year waiting time for retest was around 2 weeks(class2).
Instructor from driving school in Peterborough said to me that this is down to DSA limits on exams which can be conducted everyday and limits on school aswell.
Is it true or just a drivel?
I phoned up to some differents schools around East Anglia and they are booked untill March-April. ?!
Busy times or what?
Thanks

Ah that must be frustrating! Good luck when your retest does come around though.

That must be annoying. What did you fail on?

Trainers book tests 10 weeks in advance and are given an allocation based on previous history and availability. After that, it’s a scramble to pick up any cancellations. The DVSA are unable to supply all the tests they would like to simply because there is an examiner shortage which they are trying to deal with - but with limited success.

All good trainers will be booked a few weeks ahead. We have recently increased our capacity as the waiting lists were longer than I was happy with. As a result we can currently provide a retest in around 3 weeks.

If this is any use to you, let us know. You will need an assessment first. We NEVER supply a vehicle to a non-existing customer just for a test. Total waste of money.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
We NEVER supply a vehicle to a non-existing customer just for a test. Total waste of money.

Snap, cant believe some peoples cheek though when they have paid and trusted another trainer to get them through and want to use my truck for a retest.

Paul

Peter Smythe:
Trainers book tests 10 weeks in advance and are given an allocation based on previous history and availability. After that, it’s a scramble to pick up any cancellations. The DVSA are unable to supply all the tests they would like to simply because there is an examiner shortage which they are trying to deal with - but with limited success.

All good trainers will be booked a few weeks ahead. We have recently increased our capacity as the waiting lists were longer than I was happy with. As a result we can currently provide a retest in around 3 weeks.

If this is any use to you, let us know. You will need an assessment first. We NEVER supply a vehicle to a non-existing customer just for a test. Total waste of money.

How much is it for a retest pete ?

Your lucky I have a 6 week gap for my CE retest. Wish mine was sooner but let us no how you did. Good luck

Don’t be discouraged by it mate. When I failed my ce test I was told it was a 6 week period of waiting and I panicked thinking I would forget everything in that time. However I was relieved on the day of the second test when I realised that the training company I was with take you out for a 30minute drive and 30 minute coupling and reverse exercise before the retest which was enough to bring everything back for me to pass. All the best mate!

Newbie7064:
Don’t be discouraged by it mate. When I failed my ce test I was told it was a 6 week period of waiting and I panicked thinking I would forget everything in that time. However I was relieved on the day of the second test when I realised that the training company I was with take you out for a 30minute drive and 30 minute coupling and reverse exercise before the retest which was enough to bring everything back for me to pass. All the best mate!

Thanks for that makes me feel a bit more confident with mine. My test is 1330 and we start at 0900 so plenty of practice time.

£243 fully inclusive. And any retraining required is BOGOF.

Peter Smythe:

£243 fully inclusive. And any retraining required is BOGOF.

Thanks for that pete,

Hopefully not needed lol, :smiley:

got all 3 tommorrow

And hopefully will be speaking to aaron tommorrow pm.

Hopefully not needed lol

We all hope that, but it’s nice to know you wont get ripped off if it does go wrong for any reason.

got all 3 tommorrow

Good luck with them

Thankyou.

Peter Smythe:

Hopefully not needed lol

We all hope that, but it’s nice to know you wont get ripped off if it does go wrong for any reason.

got all 3 tommorrow

Good luck with them

Thankyou.

Getting a bit more serious now lol. :smiley: