Re-tests...

As you may or may not no i had my C&E test today! I failed…bummer!!! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

From my post in the other thread

3 minors, one for hesitation, 1 for steering, im thinking a dodgy gearchange mid rounbout whilst steering and one for awareness/planning. my serious was anobservation…on the reverse excersice the trailer wasnt quite straight…i got it in the box first go but as the trailer wasnt straight my marker wasnt telling me the truth about where i should stop…that ended up with a little push of the barrier GUTTED, that wasmy strong point too. ill be back for anoher go but worried how long itll take to get a retest…

Anyway, now ill need a re-test. I am told it will take 3-4 weeks for a retest…is this true? how long have you had to wait if you have been unfortunate enough to fail? I am with a company called clear-stone who are re-booking my test for me, so i wont know what the re-test date is until they ring me. I have heard some people getting a re-test in 3 days which is the minimum amont of time you can wait.

Also another quick question, sorry to go on…how have you found the re-test? if you have had to wait 3 weeks to a month plus, did u find it difficult to settle back into the driving seat and get back to test standard if you didnt have an extra days raining, for example…no extra training just a couple of hours then the test same day as thats what ill be doing?? Really would like to hear all your opinions on this matter!!!

A lot of training companies have a sort of ‘block booking’ setup. It seems a long time to wait for a re-test and, as a driving instructor myself, I would be concerned about the effects of ‘skill-fade’.

Perhaps you should speak with your driving school and highlight your concerns. (not to mention, the whole of the TruckNet world is watching them :wink: )

I failed my c2 at first attempt an like you i had to wait four weeks fo a retest. And i got not extra lessons during this time just an HOUR before the test. god knows how i passed but i did. ANd i made sure i passed the C+e first time so i didnt have to go through that again!! :smiley:

Hi

My retest took about 4 weeks. I had a couple of hours reversing and an hours drive before the test and found it ok

I was practicing all the manouvers in my head so that i wouldnt forget.

Sometimes u can get a cancellation, my instructor contacted another firm to see if they had any spare bookings available ( in this instance they didnt but sometimes they did)

Joey

The backlog for Driving tests is so bad that most training companies book slots weeks, even months in advance, and usually keep a few spare for retests so I’m a little surprised at the delay.

Pester the training company for an earlier date, particularly next Tuesday. For some reason vacant slots become available on Wednesday mornings.

Failing that, ask them to contact the other training companies in the area to enquire if they have any unused slots. It’s quite common for various companies to trade slots between each other.

Of course it could be that the vehicle is fully booked for the forthcoming weeks, in which case you could pay the extra for a Saturday morning test.

Better luck next time.

went for my test in august had it cancelled by the examiner 15 mins after it was supposed to start

retest feb 16

Well ill let you all know the re-test date when i get it…hopefully i can do the business next time round and get the test passed!!

Joeyd

I was practicing all the manouvers in my head so that i wouldnt forget.

This is what i have been doing…i hope it helps!!!