Failed Retest

I’ve been learning to drive CAT C with Peter Smythe Transport Training and Last month I failed my test with 4 minors and 1 serious (Said I got too close to a bus)

Took retest today and I failed with 1 minor and a serious (hit obstruction on way in, was pretty much perfect before that).

With retests costing nearly 300 I’m struggling to afford it. Is there anywhere I could get it cheaper than that or am I expected to pay that for a retrst all around?

Thanks
Craig

what did you hit?

I believe I hit a post as i was slowing down ready to make a left turn. There was a vehicle tight to the lane on my right as we were both aproaching the lights.

Craig_simmo7:
I’ve been learning to drive CAT C with Peter Smythe Transport Training and Last month I failed my test with 4 minors and 1 serious (Said I got too close to a bus)

Took retest today and I failed with 1 minor and a serious (hit obstruction on way in, was pretty much perfect before that).

With retests costing nearly 300 I’m struggling to afford it. Is there anywhere I could get it cheaper than that or am I expected to pay that for a retrst all around?

Thanks
Craig

Seriously I can’t believe your asking this question. First of all £300 is a good price for a retest and your at a good school where you will be familiar with the vehicle and test routes.

Also another trainer wouldn’t let you go in just for a retest without at least a days refresher training and vehicle familiarisation costing you a lot more than £300.

Paul

Sorry, I asked my brother to ask this question whilst I was still travelling from the test centre and it got a bit lost in translation. I said the cost isn’t a problem and I believe he misunderstood me. Apologies

My question was is there anyway I can get a retest booked sooner, as in fill in for someone that has cancelled etc?
As I only received the 1 minor I felt the drive went really smoothly up until i knocked something in the side of the road. I feel confident on improving on that an was just wondering if there was a chance to get on another test any sooner.

With some judicial juggling, we can offer a test on 1st Sept. That’s not too bad. If you want it, speak with Aaron and he’ll try the juggle!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Can I just say I failed my first test with Peter Smythe transport and I had to wait 2 weeks.
I had an hour before and it all fell into place in that hour.
I passed then.
Good luck with your retest

montytom:
Can I just say I failed my first test with Peter Smythe transport and I had to wait 2 weeks.
I had an hour before and it all fell into place in that hour.
I passed then.
Good luck with your retest

Same with me, PSTT couldn’t be more helpful to me back in February and I’ve been working full time for the last couple of months and loving it, stick with it and I’m sure that you will crack it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk