Rental Truck

I may need to hire a truck while 1 is in for repair. It will be for 7-10 days, do I need to have O’licence amended.
The O’licence is due for renewal later this year, never had to do this before, can someone tell me how its done please.

Many thanks.

Fileep:
I may need to hire a truck while 1 is in for repair. It will be for 7-10 days, do I need to have O’licence amended.
The O’licence is due for renewal later this year, never had to do this before, can someone tell me how its done please.

Many thanks.

Do you have a margin on your licence, you are allowed one month before a change is necessary for occasions like this.

Any vehicle which is being used on your margin can only be so used for one month from when it came into your lawful ownership (including hire). The vehicle then stops being authorised if you don’t notify the Traffic Commissioner about the vehicle within the month.

You can add vehicles to your licence using the online self-service system.

businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/ac … =RESOURCES

no your not, if you only have one, takes yours off and put the hire truck on, do it on line, easy if your registered for operator self service, or phone em up…

lrm

if you have a margin on your licence = yes for a month
if you have no margin on your licence= no end of
simples moose