O Licence question

How long can you use a hire lorry before you have to add it to your o-licence?

I’m currently using one as we wait to see if mines a write-off and could be in this for a couple of months. Currently it shows no o-licence. who is at fault if i’m pulled over?

Many Thanks

I’m fairly sure I read on this site that it is one week but wait for someone more qualified than me for a definitive answer

ADD - Glad I said wait for someone more qualified than me … I was well out :blush:

Cant remeber if its 28 or 30 days, but I know its one of them

i believe its 27 days, then on the 28th day you have to go through the process of adding it to the o licence,

i heard a lot of firms hire them for 27 days then de hire them for a day then hire them again to get round this, but this is only hear say! :wink:

You have to inform the traffic commissioner within 28 days. You only have to send a letter, send back the vehicle disk and it is that simple. Just as simple to change back if your motor gets back on the road and all this is the responsibility of the o licence holder. Thats why they are the o licence holder.

it’s 28 days if you have a margin on your O licence , if you are swapping without a margin then you need to tell them fairly quickly :wink:

you can change vehicle on line instantly, and change them back when or if needed, of course it takes a while for the disc to arrive, but you are on the system as soon as you change the details on the web site ( I don’t have the site address, I would think it is different for each user )

here(if it helps) :wink: GL

tan.gov.uk/Operator/AuthFil … _Login.asp