o licence

Does a hire vehicle need to display an o licence? even when on short term contract?

ant2503:
Does a hire vehicle need to display an o licence? even when on short term contract?

if the operator has sufficient margin on their O licence there’s a 28 day window to get the disc, so for short term hire it’s probably no :wink:

Denis F:

ant2503:

if the operator has sufficient margin on their O licence there’s a 28 day window to get the disc, so for short term hire it’s probably no :wink:

We had 2 18t Eurocargos and a 26t MAN on hire then a Scanny and they didnt have an O licence for a while then after that they had them…

Thanks for the reply, i take it that the o licence is still down to the operator and not the hire firm. Also what would happen if you were pulled by vosa with no o licence displayed after the 28 days.

ant2503:
Thanks for the reply, i take it that the o licence is still down to the operator and not the hire firm. Also what would happen if you were pulled by vosa with no o licence displayed after the 28 days.

They can keep or crush the truck, that is the reason why finance houses and hire companies are so careful to check your documents.

Paul “Repton” has just gone through the process, do a search for his user name.

Hi,

there is no such thing as a 28 day margin any more, truck needs to be listed on your licence from the minute it leaves the hire yard till you return it, stops hauliers running more trucks than they have licenses for… “as if we would!!!”

you will be done if caught, this activity is frowned upon…

Lrm

Quite so LRM. But you missed explaining to those who don’t know, that an operator can now access their O licence online & add/remove vehicles as required.

So although the disc may not yet have arrived, the specific vehicle will be shown on the operators licence.

LRM:
Hi,

there is no such thing as a 28 day margin any more, truck needs to be listed on your licence from the minute it leaves the hire yard till you return it, stops hauliers running more trucks than they have licenses for… “as if we would!!!”

you will be done if caught, this activity is frowned upon…

Lrm

I knew there was a consultation about this, just didn’t know it had been brought in! :blush:

Thanks for that guys, i thought the operator could do it online i was just wondering how long they had to actually have the disc in the window.