o licence discs

does every single truck require an o licence disc to go out on the road? i know fleet vehicles require them but what about short term hired trucks?

as long as there’s spare capacity on the O licence, there’s a 28 day margin to notify the TC of added vehicles - so short term hire trucks don’t need discs

where do i stand as a driver then? legally, i am obliged to check the o licence as part of the checks but if there isnt one and i get pulled, am i in trouble if they do not have the spare capacity?

No, only the operator is for the highjump

:slight_smile: Scanny,

C.Y.A. - (Cover your arse) :laughing:

Write on your daily defect checklist for that day (or days):

“No operators licence disc displayed in windscreen on takeover” or words to that effect.

If you get pulled in a roadside check, the VOSA person will have the ways and means to check the newly-hired status of the vehicle and anything else they want to. :wink: trust me.

Handy things - Drivers daily defect check books… :stuck_out_tongue:
~ I wonder how many TruckNet members fill 'em in everytime they start a shift or switch over to another vehicle on the same shift? 30%?..50%?..90%?..

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Deesider:
:slight_smile: Scanny,

C.Y.A. - (Cover your arse) :laughing:

i have a similiar one.

CYA + AQL (ask questions later) :laughing:

noted the advice anyway. cheers for that :wink:

I wonder how many TruckNet members fill 'em in everytime they start a shift or switch over to another vehicle on the same shift? 30%?..50%?..90%?..

have a book with me,which gets ticked and filled out every morning,not all the drivers check everything,but sign the timesheet to say they have done so,till one got caught out when the unit ran dry due to lack of water,had some explaining to do why there was no water in it and no leaks,and signed to say he checked it :open_mouth: with the warmer (hopefully)getting here,oil and water are the two most important to check.

Deesider:
:slight_smile: ~ I wonder how many TruckNet members fill 'em in everytime they start a shift or switch over to another vehicle on the same shift? 30%?..50%?..90%?..

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

They are printed on the back of our daily running sheets so get filled in before leacing the depot daily :wink: :wink: