what shall i say

hi
my driver got stopped a couple of weeks ago in a hired lorry on A30. it was a lorry i had on hire for about 2 years.
about 2 months ago they replaced it with another one so i had my o license changed to the new reg, had the new one for about 3 weeks driver hit the wing mirror cost a fortune so i asked for the old truck back which the driver wanted also.
the thing is i completly forgot to get the o license changed back to the old reg .
i have explained this to the police but next week i have a vosa guy coming out to interview me under caution.
i have not gained anything by doing this its a complete oversight on mybehalf.
i know i should have realised but i didnt.
what do you think is going to happen?
i am getting to the stage were i couldnt careless to be honest it just seems like one thing after another

john

be honest thats all you can do tell it as it is
dont try to lie you’ll prob get a fine and a bollocking as all you have done is changed the reg not the amount of vehicles you have they might think you were trying to pull a fast one by still having the old vehicle on the fleet as well as they thought the new one… then you really would be up brown ally

yeah think thats about right i havent tried to run any xtra vehicles. i have gained nothing just a stupid bad going to be costly mistake

Hi, how many vehicles are you allowed on your “O” licence , and how many vehicles are your operating, if you have say 5 “o” licences and you are only using four then you have a margin of one and you can operate another vehicle upto 28/30 days on the margin before you have to notify them.
jjsl

It sounds to me like it’s one of those cases where you should just be open and honest, hold your hands up and admit you made a mistake, point out how it happened and that you were at no point running more vehicles than you should have been and gained nothing financially from not updating the licence and perhaps even show servicing/inspection records for the vehicle to prove that you didn’t do it to try and get out of your obligations to have the vehicle maintained properly. Hopefully if you do that you’ll get away with just a slap on the wrist.

Good luck.
Paul

Have the invoices from the rental company to hand to show what dates you had the vehicles for.

yeah i am within my margin on the o license i havent as i said gone over just made a mistake. ther coming to see me on weds 19th nov
i keep you posted how i get on (or how much i have to pay)

john