Adding a new truck

Hello everyone,
I have a question.
If you are maximum authorised 2 vehicles + 2 trailers on your O licence and for unforeseen reasons you need to go with a truck in service is there any chance to rent a truck and use it?
How can you do that, without removing yours for O licence? Using it to the rental O licence?
Best regards

Are you the O licence holder? It’s all online now.
re you saying you want to increase from 2 vehicle/2 trls or want to change the vehicles but still have 2+2 authorised?

No. You can’t exceed what is on your licence.

You can rent a truck, for up to 28 days before it goes on your licence, (Providing you have the required margin.) but if you only have 2+2 in the first place, then you still can’t, as the hire truck is still your responsibility. There is no such thing as a rental O licence.

Ken.

Only way would be to remove the one being serviced from your licence, use the rental truck for up to 28 days, then put yours back on the licence when it’s out of the garage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

coiler:
Only way would be to remove the one being serviced from your licence, use the rental truck for up to 28 days, then put yours back on the licence when it’s out of the garage.

So is possible in this way? I have read somewhere that I will need to inform the traffic officer in 21 days if I am into the margin…
I heard something like that but how to do it? because if I remove the one that will stay in service and add the rented one, and then put it back mine on licence I will need to do the request for a new disk no?

Best regards

Quinny:
No. You can’t exceed what is on your licence.

You can rent a truck, for up to 28 days before it goes on your licence, (Providing you have the required margin.) but if you only have 2+2 in the first place, then you still can’t, as the hire truck is still your responsibility. There is no such thing as a rental O licence.

Ken.

I was referring to the company which will rent the truck…

DanielG:

coiler:

So is possible in this way? I have read somewhere that I will need to inform the traffic officer in 21 days if I am into the margin…
I heard something like that but how to do it? because if I remove the one that will stay in service and add the rented one, and then put it back mine on licence I will need to do the request for a new disk no?

Best regards

Assuming you have two trucks and trailers on your two vehicle, two trailer operators licence.

You can do this, but you need to be able to access your o licence online. You can notify them immediately that your broken truck is off the licence, so you have a margin for 1 vehicle. You then rent a truck, using your 1 truck margin. So long as it’s under 28 days you don’t put it on your licence. Then yours is repaired, send the rental back and put yours back on your licence. You will be sent a new disk for it (destroy the old disk)

coiler:

DanielG:

coiler:

Best regards

Assuming you have two trucks and trailers on your two vehicle, two trailer operators licence.

You can do this, but you need to be able to access your o licence online. You can notify them immediately that your broken truck is off the licence, so you have a margin for 1 vehicle. You then rent a truck, using your 1 truck margin. So long as it’s under 28 days you don’t put it on your licence. Then yours is repaired, send the rental back and put yours back on your licence. You will be sent a new disk for it (destroy the old disk)

I understand. You answer my concern very clear. Thank you again for your help
Best regards

Happy to help [emoji16]