Remember this?

Had a call from my insurance broker this week. My insurance is up for re newal and the it has gone up by £3100. The owners of the forklift that caused the damage are still dodging the claim. Its always the little man that gets shafted. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ouch :open_mouth:

with lucy on this one…

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

£3100

do you want me and the boys to go and see them :imp: :imp: :imp:

id of GAFFA TAPED it , dont spose vosa would of been too happy, but it would of saved a claim .

■■■■ sake mate thats 1 problem a week now over the last 3 or 4… Crap time for things to be happening… Shame as its a beauty of a truck.

holy ■■■ :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

jessicas dad:
with lucy on this one…

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

£3100

do you want me and the boys to go and see them :imp: :imp: :imp:

I tried to be cooperative at the time, cleared the scene so that work could carry on and then they ignore me. The job payed £206. The claim for damage and hire truck was over 5k. Was it worth it.

scottishcruiser:
[zb] sake mate thats 1 problem a week now over the last 3 or 4… Crap time for things to be happening… Shame as its a beauty of a truck.

You misunderstand, that was back in march. To be honest i’d put it behind me till i got the call from my broker.

MR VAIN:
. The claim for damage and hire truck was over 5k. Was it worth it.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: 5k for a side skirt how come :question: :question: :question:

This thread is a perfect illustration of why I gave up the self-employed malarky…You have my heartfelt sympathy, Rob. :frowning:

As for the size of the bill…I’m guessing tank and wheelearch damage? Cos if that was just for a sideskirt, spraying and fitting I’d be saying “■■■■■■■■ to how it looks, just take the bugger off!” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

jessicas dad:

MR VAIN:
. The claim for damage and hire truck was over 5k. Was it worth it.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: 5k for a side skirt how come :question: :question: :question:

Side skirt
Brackets
Mudguard stay
Mudwing lower
Fuel tank
Tank straps
Wheel
Side bar
5 lamps
Paint

All plus labour, insurance excess, hire truck, and VAT.

It don’t take long to clock up.

Bloody Hell Rob, that’s bollox.
Isn’t there anything you can do, small claims court maybe? Oh it’s £5,000, that makes it big court then :cry: Big money :frowning: :frowning:

dinosteveus1:
Bloody Hell Rob, that’s bollox.
Isn’t there anything you can do, small claims court maybe? Oh it’s £5,000, that makes it big court then :cry: Big money :frowning: :frowning:

Can’t say too much mate, but it’s all in hand. How glad am i that i opted for legal cover.

Ah nice one. :smiley:
These things take ages and then for the result to filter down to your Insurance Company takes even longer. At least it’s all in hand. :wink: :wink:

MR VAIN:
Had a call from my insurance broker this week. My insurance is up for re newal and the it has gone up by £3100. The owners of the forklift that caused the damage are still dodging the claim. Its always the little man that gets shafted. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

I suppose that is what you get for parking your truck where forklift trucks are working. It is not as though it stands out much :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel for you, it cost me 600 quid for a new fuel tank on my bike, not covered by insurance, not even there when the damage happened.

i’d have a shop around for insurance renewal mate if i were you…i got a grand off mine through doing that this year,now paying well under £2k fully comp,i’ll pm you details at your request.andy

Jesus mate thats a bit steep, insurance is a con