And sometimes we win

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
I’ve Just got back from Court, some dip stick under took me on a roundabout last year through a hatched area & then claimed it was my fault we had an accident.
I no longer do any work for the company concerned so couldn’t give a stuff about their insurance, but was well hacked off at being held responsible for the accident.
There were no witnesses & our story’s were slightly different, but he only went & admitted to driving through the hatched area knowing I was beside him, he also admitted to not using his indicators & got told off several times for asking questions instead of answering them.
In giving his decision I was told by the judge that in his opinion there were only two things I could have done to have avoid the accident, move to right which I could not do as a car was there or stop which I should not have to do & which would have been dangerous anyhow, the judge also said he accepted that I would have had no way of knowing the car was there & that he found my driving to have been blameless in the ensuing accident.
The solicitor for my ex company was wetting himself with laughter after the case as basically instead of the case against us not being proven in favour of the claimants it was proven against them & the other driver got what amounted to a telling off over his standard of driving, whilst I got told, I left “this Court without a blemish on my record, as regards this accident.”

congrats daxi,

I would have love to see his face :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You should ask your old employeys for a pressie as you didn’t stuff up their insurance!

Cheers

well done mate the best man won at the end of the day…and it was proved that it wasnt your fault…too often its the trucker that gets the blame just because of the size of his vehicle against the small car…a bit like bullying…in the eyes of the law…but you havnt got a blemish…and a thing to remember is …do what i always do…carry a camera…if you know someone is creeping up your inside…take a piccy…it proves without a reasonable doubt who is to blame…a very useful tool
have a nice day

truckyboy:
if you know someone is creeping up your inside…take a piccy…it proves without a reasonable doubt who is to blame…a very useful tool

I didn’t see him coming, it was a busy roundabout & after dark & with all the car lights plus some flashing blues due to a police car closing down one exit I just didn’t see him coming up the inside,
Even he admitted I probably wouldn’t have been aweare of him untill contact was made deue to the above.

Nice one daxi, you seemed to have encountered a rare beast today, a judge with common sense. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Well done. The county court judges seem to have much more common sense than the criminal lot.

I had a do at Handy Cross (Jct 4, M40) which sounds remarkably similar. It was a difficult one to fight as the woman had undertaken me with the intention of jumping back infront of me after the undertake. Anyway she misjudged it and the vehicles came together corner to corner. There was a lot of damage to the car and when her insurance claim went in she said I’d run clean into the back of her. The upshot was that the repair invoice for her car showed a lot of damage to the rear off side quarter thankfully and the judge saw straight through it.

This was the best bit though… the judge told the woman car driver that she had wasted all our times and a great deal of money by trying to put the blame for her dangerous driving down to me and she would have to pay for that trouble. All the court costs were put to her and I got £250 for my trouble! At the end she tried to shake my hand but I rebutted her “this isn’t a game of cricket you know, you tried to blame me for this and now you want to shake my hand like there’s no hard feelings. You must be joking”

justice at last,well done :wink: :wink: :wink:

absolutely spot on too, to hear some people spout about evil truck drivers you would think that we all go hell for leather and swerve into other drivers on purpose.
i’m very pleased to hear that you did indeed get a very understanding judge, well done and congratulations.

Early this year I was a witness to a similar accident at the slip road from the M6 to the A14. A guy in a BMW tried to undertake and ended up running the side of his car down the nearside of the truck.
I gave the driver my details, I was in my car at the time, insurance company contacted me filled in statement etc.
Since then nothing I was a bit miffed no one from the transport company called me to thank for providing a witness statement or am I expecting the impossible.
Would I do it again, maybe but if the same result I am not sure if I would do it for a third time.

Crispie :sunglasses:

Well done m8 great news :smiley:

Congratulations Daxi

crispie:
Early this year I was a witness to a similar accident at the slip road from the M6 to the A14. A guy in a BMW tried to undertake and ended up running the side of his car down the nearside of the truck.
I gave the driver my details, I was in my car at the time, insurance company contacted me filled in statement etc.
Since then nothing I was a bit miffed no one from the transport company called me to thank for providing a witness statement or am I expecting the impossible.
Would I do it again, maybe but if the same result I am not sure if I would do it for a third time.

Crispie :sunglasses:

Why should you be rewarded for simply giving a statement of the incident as you saw it??

I was not seeking any reward but a thankyou for giving a witness statement even from the TM would have been appreciated.
Next time it could be you and like a well known football manager “I may not see it happen”
Or am I expecting too much now.

Crispie :exclamation: