First collision

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :

Only mirror to mirror with a bus

He was stopped on a dual carriegaway,but you know how they won’t pull in sometimes :imp:

Anyway blame accepted by self, promise not do do it again :laughing:

No damage done, just had to jump out and pull it back into position. Good lesson learned at no cost, no need to rush even tho I was trying to get your Chrisie cards delivered :stuck_out_tongue:
Gordy

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: You had me worried then! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

gordy,let me say something to you,never accept the blame no matter how small the accident is. let the police ( if needed) figure out who is to blame :wink:

I had my first wee mishap today as well, while trying to drive through a very narrow set of school gates on an uphill gradient with a camber to the right. The back end of the lorry caught the top of the gate post, and put a scrape about a foot long on the box section.
Put my hands up to the supervisor, and they told me to fill in an insurance report form, which I did.
Being an agency driver, I might not be invited back! Although I am sure these incidents happen quite regularly with these companies. It was a lesson for me as to how easy it is to get it wrong.

Al.

kitkat:
gordy,let me say something to you,never accept the blame no matter how small the accident is. let the police ( if needed) figure out who is to blame :wink:

kitkat is right never accept the blame. I
read this in my insurance book by
direct line of things to do when you
have a accident.

:smiley: they have been saying all day on the radio that today is the day you are most likely to have an insurance claim

Hey Gordy you gave me quite a turn there for a minute. Glad to hear it was nothing serious.

Alcraw 62 I did some thing similar at a school. Only I took the top three course off. I did the same and admitted it to the caretaker. Believe me these things happen all the time. One driver on the firm I work for managed three accidents in one day! and he still works for them.

i took a bumper off a parked car in quinten :blush: :blush: pulling into the co op…more worried about getting round the bollards i forgot about the 15ft overhang on them co op chiller lorries must say i learned from it…called it in to them and the guy at the office said i was no 12…the twelth person in 4 months to hit somthing there :laughing: :laughing:

I had a slight altercation β€˜OVER’ a traffic cone the other day whilst blindsiding it into a narrow access road… :blush: I even saw it coming, but by then (about my fifth atempt) I really wasn’t fussed… Besides, they were covering some wet cement that had been layed to repair the kerb, that all the delivery lorries had squashed, so I wasn’t the first to use the β€˜space’… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Told the store guys, but they just recalled with glee the driver who bought the whole electricity pylon down… :open_mouth: Live electric cables on and around his truck… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: So what did he do when told NOT to move by the MEB whilst they rush out to save him… β– β– ?

Uncouple the trailer whilst it’s drapped in live wires, leave the trl there, and go home in the cab… :open_mouth: :confused: Nutter…

Luv
Chrisie…

I could always say the bus driver was playing with his suspension as I passed and it leaned towards me, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Glad I posted this, some great recollections in the replies.
Don’t worry, I was totally chilled about it as it was at the end of a hard day. :stuck_out_tongue:
Gordy

I had my first altercation in a Bin Lorry on agency work. Bust a bus drivers wing mirror. He cursed, but the rest of the lads just laughed at him. The bloke at the yard said don’t worry about it, I’ve just had to send a welding team to cut one out of the side of a scaffold that he’d got stuck on :open_mouth: :blush: . If he’d pulled off with it in, the side of the house would have come down. You can come back again mate :smiley: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: .