Reliable trucks

Whats the most reliable truck you have driven .

Any one that got me home for friday

My old foden was fantastic, never missed a beat until it got to 1200000 miles and then it just wouldn’t start, she never ran again!

I owned a 190-48 TurboStar for three years and never even changed a headlight bulb in it :wink:

Most unreliable was a Kenworth T800, heap of junk broke down every 1000miles :unamused:

DKZ 7293 a white 4x2 ERF 380 ■■■■■■■ . Got it new and when I left the firm ( cos they tried to put me in a Premium) 650 000 kms nearly 5 years later it had never let me down once . Mostly milk tanker work in Ireland but hauled a fair few loads of spuds from Redruth , Ross on Wye , Ardbroath, Chatteris, Ely ,March back to Ireland as well with her .

Axor, driven probably 200 different ones since 2007 and broken down twice, both simple roadside repairs.

Any SK Merc I have ever driven, and that’s a fair few. :slight_smile:

Or any truck that got me to Chesterfield truck stop on a Friday night circa 1990 wink wink.

mike68:
Or any truck that got me to Chesterfield truck stop on a Friday night circa 1990 wink wink.

Didn’t it used to be on Thursdays :laughing: :laughing: that’s when we were always there.

drove an ERF EC11 for 2 years and the only thing that failed was the idiot switch on the gearbox, simple fix by cutting the air pipes in and out of the solenoid and joining them together

An Iveco Eurotech :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . It was a bag of ■■■■■ to drive and pull but it never lay down,not once.Tesco finally got rid after nearly 2 millionk’s i reckon it’s giving great service out in the desert somewhere.

altitude:

mike68:

Didn’t it used to be on Thursdays :laughing: :laughing: that’s when we were always there.

I thought it was Wednesday’s! Do you remember Brenda the slightly larger lady :wink:

Drove an ex Tarmac foden 4325 tipper in nine months never had a thing go wrong and was about 12 years old. Gutted when I got pulled by vosa full of cherry and they impounded it.

Y112 AEX. daf 430 super space. 998437 kms. 1 breakdown a fanbelt which i changed halfway up the simplon. no clutch and only a front reline. amazing truck.

after i gave it up within 3 weeks she needed a clutch and a rear reline :frowning:

MysonVinnie:
My old foden was fantastic, never missed a beat until it got to 1200000 miles and then it just wouldn’t start, she never ran again!

Same. My S plate Foden never broke down as such but did eat alternators (2 in 3 years). The Alpha I drive broke a diff at 3 years old, has had countless abs faults, the cooling systems had its moments, the gear change has always been stiff/crap but was told it will loosen up in time…Ive had it 7 years in January…

An old daf3300 spacecab on an e plate,had it over 4yrs hardly any trouble at all.
regards dave.

DAF on Maroc.Hardly ever serivced in 3 years & just kept going.
Worst -Maggie + White Road Commander.

ERF ■■■■■■■ 325 ,12 SPEED TWIN SPLIT , RELIABLE AND COMORTABLE, SMOOTH AS A COACH

best trucks bedford km and renault magnum, worst car fiat x19 bag of rubbish. every trip out something else goes wrong, its like a horror film just when you think its ok, its time to phone the recovery man again.

fuse:
ERF ■■■■■■■ 325 ,12 SPEED TWIN SPLIT , RELIABLE AND COMORTABLE, SMOOTH AS A COACH

I could not agree more Fuse , at 68 I"v driven most if not all the vehicles available ( and still driving HGV s ) , I like you found this particular model of ERF just about the ideal vehicle . Once did a night shift from Central Scotland to Dingwall in the middle of winter, black ice all the way to Perth , then deep snow with drifts etc all the way to Inverness , I never once felt I did not have control of the vehicle and was completly in control at all times , more than can be said for some if not all more modern vehicles . ( ERF please come back all is forgiven ) .