Reliable vehicle

Whats the most reliable truck you have had knowledge of or driven , ( the truth warts and all ) !!! ? .

shugg:
Whats the most reliable truck you have had knowledge of or driven , ( the truth warts and all ) !!! ? .

DAF 2800/3300/3600

shugg:

Mercedes Actros. :stuck_out_tongue: Had one for 3 years and it never had to go into the garage for anything other than servicing. It was double shifted doing about 800-900kms per day, so it wasn’t as if it had an easy life. Just for comparison, the most unreliable truck i’ve had the misfortune to drive was a DAF CF. It spent more time off the road in its first year than it did on it!!! I hated that truck. :imp:

I’ll nominate my P reg 143, same as I did in the numerous previous threads asking the same question :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Owned it for a few years and apart from grease, oil and tyres it only ever needed a new alternator belt and one injector pipe :sunglasses:

Any of the dozen or so volvos I’ve driven ! All bloody reliable, yeh some minor niggles here and there but never been stranded anywhere.
Worst was a daf 95 410. It spent more time in workshops than our fitter did, useless.

Mercedes Actros, and in the good old days Volvo F10 of 80,s vintage. The worst in the eighties were a number of Leylands that I had the misfortune to drive, Roadtrains being the very softest. Any self respecting long distance driver or company avoided them like the plague, not even the military liked them

Immigrant:

shugg:

DAF 2800/3300/3600

+1

A 55 plate Man tga, we had it new and double shifted it for 3yrs on a Carlisle trunk, it clocked 700,000kms and apart from regular servicing it only had a few bulbs replaced.

A 1996 420 Eurotech, believe it or not. Everything else I’ve had has had downtime away from base, that one never did.

ERF EC11 with the ■■■■■■■ Engine. Phillip Iddon told me they were the best lorries he ever ran.

I’ve never broke down in one and the ones I’ve had always started first time and ran like Swiss watches. We have still got an Olympic version at our place and the bloody thing is indestructable.

We even use it to jump start the modern lorries in Winter.

W

Had the Sheddon with Daf and with IVECO Cab and liked both.
Good Engine and excellent Eaton Box

AlexWignall:
ERF EC11 with the ■■■■■■■ Engine. Phillip Iddon told me they were the best lorries he ever ran.

I’ve never broke down in one and the ones I’ve had always started first time and ran like Swiss watches. We have still got an Olympic version at our place and the bloody thing is indestructable.

W

+1 for the ■■■■■■■ EC11. :laughing:

Three way contest between Daf 2800, Sed Ack401 with ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ and MAN F90’s with Eaton Twin Splitter.

MAN (and previous models) was simple and unbreakeable, unlike the new plastic throwaway ones.

AlexWignall:

W

Alex my own personal experience`s confirm exactly the same , yet answer me why are neither E R F or ■■■■■■■ still with us . ?

Daf 2800 ATI / Volvo F10 /F12 / Volvo FH 12 series 2 ( the first ones with the flat floor but still the square headlights and the quality interior fittings) neither never let me down.
The worst was Scania 142, had water pumps for breakfast, wheel bearings for dinner.

86 Daf 3300 and 91 Scania 113 360, both indestructible to the point that I just sold the Scania in January as was struggling in the small cab with double manning all the time, had the cab been bigger I’d never have sold it.

AlexWignall:
ERF EC11…

It’s only pub talk but apparently one of those was nicked from round here yesterday. Fraid I dunno who’s, or how reliable, it was though. :cry:

shugg:

AlexWignall:

W

Alex my own personal experience`s confirm exactly the same , yet answer me why are neither E R F or ■■■■■■■ still with us . ?

From what I remember, they stopped offering ■■■■■■■ here because they wouldn’t supply an big engine that came upto Euro 3 (and beyond) emmisions standards. Its a shame cos they offered one of the longest lasting engines ever made. :frowning:

shugg:

MAN TGA, biggest load of carp on the road. Unreliable, uncomfortable… there must be something good about it? Oh yes, never having to drive one again.

Tiger.

ooops, misread the post as most ‘unreliable’, oh well… must be my age :blush:

our scanias,never had one break down or anything break in 4+ years,700,000k,and they drive like the day they arrived,