registration

i bought a vehicle to renovate anybody know how i can trace the previous owners ive got reg plate but no v5 can this be done on dvla web site thanks martyn.

sammy dog:
i bought a vehicle to renovate anybody know how i can trace the previous owners ive got reg plate but no v5 can this be done on dvla web site thanks martyn.

I think the only people who can access that information online are police and scumbag parking companies :stuck_out_tongue:

You may be able to write to Swansea customer services and explain why you need to contact them, otherwise the clues may be in the ashtrays, service books or the garage written on the mudflaps or tax disc holder, some mechanics may remember the vehicle

hi mart.
as long as it’s on the dvla database,then it should be a really simple process.you can go to the dvla office at swansea (near morganite)or apply on-line.i remember tracing the previous owners of my f88,back in 2000.it was only £5.00 then :smiley: .probably a bit more now?
regards andrew

pete 359:
hi mart.
as long as it’s on the dvla database,then it should be a really simple process.you can go to the dvla office at swansea (near morganite)or apply on-line.i remember tracing the previous owners of my f88,back in 2000.it was only £5.00 then :smiley: .probably a bit more now?
regards andrew

thanks for that its just me trying the easy way im going to pontadawe monday or tuesday so not far to go to dvla from thgere by the way nice wings are you painting the interior.cheers martyn.

Hiya …first of all put the number and a photo on TN theres a good posibilty that someone on here drove the truck
or knew somone who has. just follow pete,s line of thought, one of my motorbikes was a muddle so i contacted DVLA
and got all the owners and a photocopy of the origanal fold up logbook from 1965 .I would,nt bother going into
the DVLA you,ll stand there for years, i delivered there years ago and the boss thought i,d been kidnapped i was
missing so long. go online or post a letter and you,ll need the correct postcode for that department, if you use the
wrong postcode your letter will go into the bin.theres a postcode for each department unless its been changed.
John

3300John:
Hiya …first of all put the number and a photo on TN theres a good posibilty that someone on here drove the truck
or knew somone who has. just follow pete,s line of thought, one of my motorbikes was a muddle so i contacted DVLA
and got all the owners and a photocopy of the origanal fold up logbook from 1965 .I would,nt bother going into
the DVLA you,ll stand there for years, i delivered there years ago and the boss thought i,d been kidnapped i was
missing so long. go online or post a letter and you,ll need the correct postcode for that department, if you use the
wrong postcode your letter will go into the bin.theres a postcode for each department unless its been changed.
John

ho john,
re:posting on trucknet,that’s good advice mate,doh!,i didn’t think of that :blush: when i registered my peterbilt,i went into the dvla office on double best behaviour,told here how nice her hair looked and the next thing i knew,the paperwork was stamped,my truck registered and taxed,i was in and out like the sas!happy days.however,you are right in saying that dvla can be a nightmare on elm street.if the vehicle is not on the database then finding lord lucan riding sheerghar would be easier :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
regards andrew

3300John:
John

cheers john must admit your comments made me laugh :laughing: if i do call in ill remember to take my flask and sarnies oh and maybe a sleeping bag. :frowning:

hiya sammydog…what is it and where,s the photo we need a look, we may have had a drive
John

3300John:
hiya sammydog…what is it and where,s the photo we need a look, we may have had a drive
John

hi john sorry its not a truck its a 35yr old tractor massey 135 took the skid for blasting yesterday.

sammy dog:

3300John:
John

hi john sorry its not a truck its a 35yr old tractor massey 135 took the skid for blasting yesterday.

If push comes to shove, I got our Ferguson ( 1947) registered, using the engine number only. Unfortunately they couldn’t give me an original number, but as it’s a working tractor as well as the odd show, it doesn’t really matter. The Ferguson club will help if you’re stuck.

I know it’s not a lorry, but it’s still an old 'un ( not the wife ) !!

Fergie47:

sammy dog:

3300John:
John

If push comes to shove, I got our Ferguson ( 1947) registered, using the engine number only. Unfortunately they couldn’t give me an original number, but as it’s a working tractor as well as the odd show, it doesn’t really matter. The Ferguson club will help if you’re stuck.

I know it’s not a lorry, but it’s still an old 'un ( not the wife ) !!

hi fergie47 luckily enough i have the reg plate so it hopefully wont be that difficult and swansea is only afew miles away after seeing your tractor i might get some pictures up on here it looks a bit sad at mo .

if it is just a registration document that you need, just go to the local DVLA office, fill in the correct form to apply for a new V5

explain to them that you have purchased the vehicle and the vendor did not have the V5 document, there is a fee for the replacement though

as long as you can provide the chassis number, engine number and the registration number, it should be fine

i have purchased finance repo trucks without the V5’s before and this is how i have gone about it.

hope this helps

shuttlespanker:
if it is just a registration document that you need, just go to the local DVLA office, fill in the correct form to apply for a new V5

explain to them that you have purchased the vehicle and the vendor did not have the V5 document, there is a fee for the replacement though

as long as you can provide the chassis number, engine number and the registration number, it should be fine

i have purchased finance repo trucks without the V5’s before and this is how i have gone about it.

hope this helps

thanks shuttlespanker for your help as posted its for a farm tractor i also own a 470 4series should i put my hard hat on :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

sammy dog:

shuttlespanker:

hope this helps

thanks shuttlespanker for your help as posted its for a farm tractor i also own a 470 4series should i put my hard hat on :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

theoretically, it should not matter what type of vehicle it is, they are all registered the same way :wink:

oh well, nobody’s perfect :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: