DVLA Website Lets You Look Up Your Past Trucks And More

The DVLA have a website where you can look up your past trucks and other vehicles if you can remember the registration plate. It tells you when the last owner got it and when the final tax ran out along with the MOT. It also displays the colour.

vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/? … 1591916726

This site is known about by most on here I would think, unfortunately it isn’t always 100% in returning info on certain vehicles especially older types, I could find my old B Reg 401 although the info was sketchy yet it didn’t come up with my V Reg car which wasn’t as old. All you really find out is if a vehicle is still taxed and mot’d or not! Franky.

There would appear to be a cut-off date around 1980 - If there has been no activity at all since that date, the record doesn’t appear. I don’t know if this is a fixed or “rolling” date. MoT information for LGVs doesn’t seem to show at all.

Still interesting to see which of my old cars & bikes are still around though (ie not many…)

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

It hasn’t been available for Commercials as long as private vehicles. But its nice to see they remember my first artics, although one was last taxed in 1989

Its not infallible though. I have just taxed the lads new car today and it still shows as untaxed, even though the seller only took his tax off it at lunchtime.

TruckNetUK . Old Time Lorries . DVLA Website Lets You Look Up Your Past Trucks And More. Page 1 .
Driver And Vehicle Licensing Agency . Sunday,14th June,2020 . VALKYRIE .

I,in common with many other Motor Vehicle Enthusiasts,have been using the DVLA=Driver And Vehicle
Licensing Agency Vehicle Check for years. And,although it has a lot of information,some of the
information for at least some of the motor vehicles is not all that reliable.It also has a lack of respect
for certain marques of motor vehicle! :exclamation: :imp: :unamused: :such as AEC and Atkinson.AEC is referred to as
Leyland AEC and Atkinson is referred to as Seddon/Atkinson ! :exclamation: :open_mouth: :imp: :unamused: :unamused:
AEC is AEC and Atkinson is Atkinson…no if’s and but’s …they are marques in their own right.Full
stop. We all ought to write letters of protest to the DVLA over the AEC and Atkinson marques debacle,and
for any other motor vehicle marque that has been mistreated! :exclamation:
Also the DVLA has misinformation in regard to certain motor vehicles:Certain rigid six and eight wheeler lorries are referred to as two axle rigid vehicles,in other cases the cubic capacity of the engine is
omitted or is wrong and is frequently given as a lower figure than it actually is :unamused:

Having said all this,the DVLA could be acting on purely the details (or lack of them in certain cases ) submitted by the owners of the motor vehicles in regard to the incorrect information.
Furthermore,some Atkinson lorries are actually referred to by their proper marque name:Atkinson :slight_smile:
While others are listed as Atkinson L1586A or Atkinson L1586,that is the actual marque name and
model designation of the lorry :slight_smile:

The following motor vehicle is a typical victim of DVLA -or owners? :question: - misinformation:-

DVLA QUOTE:-

MHV 539L
✓ SORN
Incorrect tax status?
MOT
No results returned
Incorrect MOT status?
WarningIf you’ve just bought this vehicle the tax or SORN doesn’t come with it. You’ll need to tax it before driving it.
Vehicle Details
Vehicle make SEDDON/ATKINSON
Date of first registration August 1972
Year of manufacture 1972
Cylinder capacity Not available
CO₂ emissions Not available
Fuel type DIESEL
Euro status Not available
Real Driving Emissions (RDE) Not available
Export marker No
Vehicle status SORN
Vehicle colour MAROON
Vehicle type approval Not available
Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY
Revenue weight 22360 kg
Date of last V5C (logbook) issued 10 March 2016

There are two pieces of DVLA misinformation in regard to MHV 539L; It is not a Seddon/Atkinson and it
is not a 2 axle rigid body vehicle. MHV 539L is actually an Atkinson rigid 3-axle motor vehicle :slight_smile:

In other words the motor vehicle in question is:-

Atkinson SP2266C,■■■■■■■ NHE180,12.17-Litre,Diesel Oil - Engined,6x6 Gritter Snowplough,MHV 539L,
as built for the Ministry Of Transport for operation on British Motorways and other roads. After being
sold out of service it ended up with Carter’s Royal Berkshire Steam Fairs as a Showmans Ballast Diesel
Road Locomotive,THE KING,but originally named THE WANDERER,Fleet No.8,pulling The King Of
Rock & Roll Dodgems Ride :slight_smile:
By the way,Prince Harry,Duke Of Sussex,was filmed driving a Carter’s dodgems car in a Channel 5
Television documentary about Carter’s funfair in 2011 :slight_smile:

Unfortunately,this Atkinson and Carter’s other fairground vehicles and indeed all of the United Kingdom’s
fairground vehicles are currently all parked up in their winter quarters since no funfairs are allowed,
due to social distancing and lockdown because of the current evil Coronavirus -
COVID-19=Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic Crisis :imp: :frowning: :unamused:
All of this also applies to circus vehicles and circuses :frowning: :unamused:

It is objectively clear that this beautiful Atkinson Showmans
Road Locomotive,MHV 539L is better looking and far more
glamourous as a fairground lorry than as a Gritter Snowplough! :exclamation: :smiley:
QV photographs below:-

Atkinson SP2266C,■■■■■■■ NHE180-Engined,Boxvan-Bodied,6x6,Showmans Ballast Diesel Road Locomotive,MHV 539L,THE KING,Carter’s Dodgems,No.8.TNUK,OTL-DVLA MV Information,1.6-2020.Adam Floyd-Flickr.4#

Atkinson SP2266C,6x6,Showmans Ballast Diesel Road Locomotive,MHV 539L,THE KING,Carter’s Dodgems,No.8.The charismatic front of this classic Atkinson fairground lorry,TNUK,OTL-DVLA MV Info’,1.6-2020.Joe Bindloss.4#

Atkinson SP2266C,6x6,Showmans Ballast Diesel Road Locomotive,MHV 539L,THE KING,Carter’s Dodgems,No.8 and Dodgems in a beautiful atmospheric dark night photograph,TNUK,OTL-DVLA MV Information,1.6-2020.Gramho.Com.4#

VALKYRIE

I looked up two of the Scanias I bought in the early 90’s J7 SAY & J8 SAY but I got nowt for J7 but J8 came up with details. Cheers Bewick.

None of mine are still taxed, although I believe that Foden D704 PWL was still listed on the Foden register in recent years? The last one I drove until I was made redundant at Christmas 2002 was taken off of the road when it was 20 years old apparently, it was already 12 years old when I was given it and I had it for almost 3 years so it gave it’s final owner a further 6 years use. Not bad for a truck that my gaffer got cheaply from a breakers yard in 1999. :laughing:

Pete.

About a 50% strike rate with mine, although one of my Fodens turned out to be a Hillman Minx :unamused:

I’d rather there was a site where you could put your name in as the registered keeper and supply make and model of vehicle to enable the reg no to come up, only out of interest, I’ve forgotten some of my early cars full reg no’s now. Franky.

Bewick:
I looked up two of the Scanias I bought in the early 90’s J7 SAY & J8 SAY but I got nowt for J7 but J8 came up with details. Cheers Bewick.

From those reg numbers ,it sounds like those Scanias you bought were once part of the S A Yates fleet…

Cheers

DYSLEXIC LIVES MATRESS!

DYSLEXIA LURES KO!