references

i have been asked by a well known agy that i am at an interview with tomorrow for personal references,
so whats the difference between that and work based referencesand why do they want personal references

im looking forward to this interview as its a full time contract guaranteed pay weather work or not :smiley: :smiley:

Employer references are where the prospective employer asks your previous employer(s) about your previous working record, discipline, timekeeping etc. Such references are generally confined to matters of fact - i.e. There will be nothing about your enthusiasm, flexibility, willing to train etc. They are usually pretty bland, unless you got sacked for gross misconduct or something!

Personal references are more about what sort of person you are - are you trustworthy, honest, reliable etc

cheers roy

a personnel ref,needs to be someone that has known you for a minimum of 5 years,ie a close friend. :laughing: :wink:

If it’s any help, my personal references are an ex girlfriend’s dad (amicable split), a Vicar and my Dad’s buisness partner who I’ve known for 20 something years - an Optician.

I don’t know what they put in a reference, but I’ll ask.

Cheers

Ian.

What is an agency doing asking for references?

ralliesport:
What is an agency doing asking for references?

ralliesport agencies do ask for references as I
went to driver hire yesterday and then got told
you need at least 2 references and 1 as to be
work based reference.

Shaun,

It makes sense what they’re asking for;

work based reference - to check ability

personnel reference - to check characteristics

ralliesport,

I can imagine that agencies have a certain level of duty to their customers to check that they are not sending any drivers that could prove to be a liability in one form or another.

In an ideal world ( :unamused: ) every time we signed on with an agency we would have to do an assessment drive, a knowledge test based on tacho law etc and perhaps even a background check. That way the ‘customer’ could be satisfied in the knowledge that the best possible effort had been made to supply the best possible driver for the job. Like I said, in an ideal world…

marcustandy:
Shaun,

work based reference - to check ability

personnel reference - to check characteristics

a knowledge test based on tacho law etc and perhaps even a background check. …

i have had all of those done today by manpower i just hope it all goes well and i get some work of the back of it

cheers for replies everyone

By the way Shaun, I used to use ProTemp (Leicester) when I lived in Melton Mowbray and they always seemed OK.