driving experience

just got made redundant going to join a few agencies rang one up pertemps in birmingham and they said i need a driving reference my last job i worked for was retail but i was a trainee electrician be for that and i use to drive alot then pass my class 2 a year ago so if i get a reference off my pass employer saying i was a good and a responsible driver would that be good enough any help would be appreciated

Have you driven anything for anyone else in the past that would give you a reference?
If the agency are asking for such a reference then I suspect they will check on it.

no i haven’t worked anywhere else but my mate dad runs the electrical company i worked for so i can get a reference when i rang up the agency they said i just need a reference to say i have driven for a company be for and it didn’t need to b lgv or a driving company just a reference saying you are a responsible driving i think

Give the name of a defunct firm,say you still know some of the blokes and give contact details of your mate .Your mate says you were good reliable driver, buy mate a beer, sorted.