Reefers diary with pics

:sunglasses: Right here goes, first stab at an on the road diary.

Day 1 - Fri 1st - 1500, Market Drayton to S`arf amton - reload Shepton Mallet.

Off to a standing start, Coupling up checks, spotted oil on the units catwalk, fridge was leaking, on investigation, the oil filter had been punctured by a badly fitted bolt, this gave rise to the dreaded T word…Trans-ship so stuck on the bay til 1700 while the load is moved over.
[/img]

Straight down in 4.15 only in for 1 hour, makes a change, bonus too as reload is cancelled so back to MD finished at 0300.

Day 2 - Sat 2nd - 1600, MD to Minsterley back for Basingstoke.

Empty to St Ivel / Uniq at Minsterley, pig of a road to get there as there`s a 12’ 9" bridge on the A road, the B road diversion is great at night, but not in the daytime…too many idiots going too fast down the high hedged, winding lanes :imp: Got a bit of a wait as M&S are in first. The old ERF is the site shunter.

Opposite the loading bay is an old fueling point, notice the 12’ 6" marker… now look at the other end…wonder how many drivers have thought, " now that looks a lot more than 12’6"…easy " …not realising that the ground rises about 2’ from end to end :unamused:

Back to MD for 2nd run to Sainsbugs at Basingstoke, already clocked up 2hrs 15 diving time and its about 4 there an 4 back so defo a night out tonight, thats before the usual 3-4 hour wait for the load-check / PODs back :confused: Why does it take 3-4 hours to check 16 pallets :question: EDITED FOR CONFIDENTIALITY REASONS

True to form, in at 2350 out at 0315. Heading for Cherwell Valley, usually quiet for a sleep over through Sunday…Famous last words, parked up for bed 0445.

Day 3 - Sun 3rd - 0930! :smiling_imp:

Rudely awakened at 0930 by V.Loud banging and shouting next to me, no-one there when I parked up, but sometime after a pair of O`Tooles dropped by…Nice Scanias…if you like that sort of thing :unamused:

[/img]

2nd shot edited as im just in my boxers......dont want to scare off the ladies :laughing:

…and the reason for all the shouting…

[/img]

:smiling_imp: Cheers fellas…get my own back one day :smiling_imp:

:unamused: The tyre going on was a slick :unamused:

Best bit though, this next shot is the car park when they parked up ( asked the guy parked the other side of them, once theyd gone and id got dressed, about 1100 ) Plenty of room for a tyre change without the need to wake anyone :exclamation:

Run back to MD for 1830 for a straight Doncaster ( no pic ) 1 hour in and out back finished at 0200 - in need of some serious sleep.

Day 4 - Mon 4th - 1530, MD - Harlow & Snodland both Tescos.

Another night out to come then…,…got hold of Augusts T& D for the trip down, just for info, Lorraines Truckstop ( or Newcott services as it became ) featured on page 48 passed away a couple of months ago, it now looks like this…

Another one bites the dust :frowning:

Into Harlow for 2030 only got 5 lifts / 12 pallets…

Off the bay and out at 2230…not too bad, 4 hours is common even for a small load.

Snodland for midnight, via the 25 mile diversion up the M11 from juction 7 to Stanstead and back, they`d closed the southbound slip at 7 at 2200 …lovely :exclamation:

Snodland can be a bit tight when it`s full…easy tonight for a change.

Long run back now, try and get as far back as possible so I can try and get an early start - short run - early finish for my last night :unamused:

Light Speed around an empty M25 :exclamation:
[/img]

Back via the M6 Toll road ( my choice so I pick up the tab ) stop at the services there for the night/day, can`t usually get on Hilton park, besides it stinks of â– â– â– â– , the showers are crap and my dog would refuse to eat the food there!

Norton Canes though, doesnt smell, is usually quiet, the food is half decent and the showers are good, plus theres free wi-fi…if you can get logged on!

Parked up at 0500.

Day 5 - Tues 5th - 1545. Run-in to MD pick up for a straight Middleton.

Sorry no pics of Middleton…you have`nt missed any thing really,

In 1950, out 2105 run back in to refuel, wash truck, clean out trailer…put my gear away in the car and away at 0015…off now til afternoon of Sat 9th …only one more 5 shift and im off for 10 days decorating...cant wait :wink:

Hope it was`nt too long or boring :unamused:

Nice one sharky.

Why the M6 Toll Roadâ– â– ?

TC

:sunglasses: Hi Catman, Dont always use the Toll, depends on what time ive got left.

If I get to the M6/M42, M5/M42 or M40/M42 split with under 11/2 hours driving left then I know I wont make it back to MD without breaking the law. As you invariable cant get onto Frankley or Hilton Park or have the space to park there with the fridge going so that I don`t disturb anyone else.

Ive vowed never to stop overnight in a lay-by again as im sick of the mess left by others, the stink and the rocking cab as people go past, besides the company pay for and recommend we use secure :unamused: parking where possible.

beauty diary really good with some really good night pic’s.

if your doing nights out how come you dont get your own lorry. :question:

The livery on their trailers needs shoving somewhere…" Try Something New…How about Try working Faster for a change "

Good one, enjoyed the diary too.

jessicas dad:
…if your doing nights out how come you dont get your own lorry. :question:

:imp: Only the day drivers at our place get their own trucks and theyre only allocated to them, just so theres someone to blame if theyre not kept clean, they dont always get to use them :confused:

:sunglasses: I know we are a big ish firm and trucks are expensive and they need to be on the road 24/7, but Im a believer in the " if its yours, youll look after it " motto. We do get some 57s come back in the yard in a state inside, not just agency drivers either, perm staff sometimes, I hate cleaning up after other people :imp: I`d prefer to tramp given the choice, at least it would only be my mess to clean up :laughing:

you might wanna re-size the pics before Rog gets on here moaning at you :laughing: :laughing: But a very nice read and great pics. Thanks :smiley:

sharky the shredder:

Hope it was`nt too long or boring :unamused:

Top stuff. I spent many a few hours waiting alongside that wall to go on the end bay on the left against the wall !! We bring in the frozen Blueberries. :smiley:

Mike-C:
Top stuff. I spent many a few hours waiting alongside that wall to go on the end bay on the left against the wall !! We bring in the frozen Blueberries. :smiley:

:laughing: Bay 1 - Quality :laughing: :laughing:

:blush: yeah, sussed out that I need to resize next time, been fun doing it though, will work on another soon, thanks for everyones input. :sunglasses:

good one :wink:

dirty â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  those agency drivers

stag10:
dirty [zb] those agency drivers

Yes we are arn`t we. :unamused:

Good read & pics, nice to see what other people get upto all week

Cheers for posting it

sharky the shredder:
8) Hi Catman, Dont always use the Toll, depends on what time ive got left.

If I get to the M6/M42, M5/M42 or M40/M42 split with under 11/2 hours driving left then I know I wont make it back to MD without breaking the law. As you invariable cant get onto Frankley or Hilton Park or have the space to park there with the fridge going so that I don`t disturb anyone else.

Ive vowed never to stop overnight in a lay-by again as im sick of the mess left by others, the stink and the rocking cab as people go past, besides the company pay for and recommend we use secure :unamused: parking where possible.

Ah, got you now, thanks for that

TC

If you look at the soffit panel on the left of the fuel kiosk at Newcott services (was Ternhill Truckstop)Thats where I hit it about 4 years ago. :blush: :laughing: I took out their CCTV too. :wink:
shame its shut down though. :cry:

Great diary !! and some Info on what and where they go
im thinking of going for a job at the new Culina Depot in Suffolk

Good diary and pics :smiley:

Fantastic pics & diary thanx for sharing them,reading this sort of thing inspired me to learn to drive LGV’s,so i start class c training monday.

DT@Leightonhaul:
Fantastic pics & diary thanx for sharing them,reading this sort of thing inspired me to learn to drive LGV’s,so i start class c training monday.

:sunglasses: Thanks DT…Good Luck with the training.

From the timings it looks like you work more nights than days.
Got offered a job at Stafford (Hanbury Davies) when that first opened, (they must have been desperate as I didn’t even have time to drive home before they rang me!. Suprised when I turned it down) after they said even tramping you don’t keep your own truck also I wasn’t looking to do more hours for the same money they were offering.
I ain’t cleaning up everybody else’s mess! Also start times were said to be between 9am and 9pm :frowning: