Reefer

I had a tesco reefer today which had been running at -2 nicely till I picked up some frozen so set it to -25 but 1 hour later it was only as far as -13 after running full pelt constantly.

I don’t remember a reefer taking that long to chill. is that usual or do you think it was under performing? I had all 3 compartments set to -25 and all partitions open.

overall it was in good nick, millions of straps all over the floor lol

any alarm codes?

or was it a blue one?

dark colours are not really good for frozen.

Was a white one with no branding at all on it. No alarm codes either. All sections were blowing as I got a bit chilly whilst strapping the all of two pallets in lol

Id say thats what your prob is, the fact you only had 2 pallets… I find the fridge keeps temp better when fully packed with 26 pallets, even better when there high pallets.

Could’ve closed a partition and just had 1 section cooling down to freezer temp, they work more efficiently that way.

You should have set it to defrost after you had finished loading it, as it all just clogs up when the doors wide open :slight_smile:

and yeah, what the last guy said, you would have been better just putting the partition behind the 2 pallets and freezing that small section.

You wouldn’t fill your bathtub with water if you only wanted a glassful to drink would you ? :stuck_out_tongue:

The more empty space there is to cool the harder the fridge has to work.