Frozen Chips -20

Can I switch 12 pallets of frozen chips -20, off over night, and for hour long before they start defrosting? Help at services, just seen a sign asking fridges to shut down at night? Ta

Personally I’d leave it on, they can’t get you to move without a copper so ■■■■ em.

If it starts to defrost your up the creek with x amount of pallets of chips going in the bin, play dumb and you never saw it.

Had it been chilled I’d have turned it off in this weather.

Out of interest how old is the reefer and are the seals good on the doors?

I wouldn’t. If they want you to switch the fridge off then ask them where the electric hook-up is?

DrivingMissDaisy:
I wouldn’t. If they want you to switch the fridge off then ask them where the electric hook-up is?

+1 where r u parked ?

Knock it up to -29 and just before you hit the sack knock it off,in this climate it won’t defrost.

I’m not saying that you should or shouldn’t turn it off, but if you did turn it off overnight than I wouldn’t expect the core temperature to change by half a degree if that.

Thetaff2:
Knock it up to -29 and just before you hit the sack knock it off,in this climate it won’t defrost.

That’s far from correct!

If it’s on cycle century it’ll probably only come on a handfull of times through the night anyway.

I’ve stayed in no fridge places before and never turned it off, they want the money or they don’t.

tell em it aint a fridge its a FREEZER :wink: :wink:

Interestingly, I was in a services a few weeks ago that actually had electric hook ups for fridges, it was in a residential area, and by the looks of it, they were free to use!
No idea how long a normal reefer would last, but a reefer container is good for at least 18 hours, so I’m told.

Ask them if they switch their freezers off at night?

Well I was here first, I’ve parked in corner, so we’ll see…

If you do leave it on I bet you have at least one driver come over and ask you if your switching it off.If you say no the look of hatred on his and possibly a few more in the truck park will be a sight to behold!! :grimacing:

weeto:
Interestingly, I was in a services a few weeks ago that actually had electric hook ups for fridges, it was in a residential area, and by the looks of it, they were free to use!
No idea how long a normal reefer would last, but a reefer container is good for at least 18 hours, so I’m told.

It all depends on the state of the trailer and if the product is properly chilled, I don’t pull much frozen so can’t really comment but when I’ve been empty and parked up (had my fridge on shortly before at last drop) in summer had a 9 off and cracked on the fridge had only gone up 3 degrees, it was a new(ish) trailer with good seals on the doors, I’ve had knackered trailers with shagged seals that lose their temp within an hour.

I’ve had loads that were not properly blast chilled before collection and the temps gone through the roof with the fridge on.

Leave it on constant so everyone knows the score, it’s the stop/start all night that gets on the ■■■■ thow see.

tell em you cant its ice cream. anyone with a nooddle of common knows you cant turn ice cream off

If the trl is in good shape then I will put money on it not going above -15 if he knocked it off before going byes byes.
Knocking it down to -29 first obviously. :sunglasses:

Thank you all for the advice…

Does the customer expect a temp print out? That would decide it for me! Yes = left on, No = turn up to max 1h before bed then turn it off.

DrivingMissDaisy:

Thetaff2:

That’s far from correct!

Can you expand on that ?