Red Moss cafe.

Will be going from Belshill to Sanquhar tomorrow and was just wondering if this place is still open incase I get an attack of the munchies.

dowahdiddyman:
Will be going from Belshill to Sanquhar tomorrow and was just wondering if this place is still open incase I get an attack of the munchies.

It was open the last time I was there :stuck_out_tongue:

I am sure it is, but I don’t think they do food until the evening.

Called in there one afternoon just before christmas, and it was shut, think it opens about 5pm

there’s some phone numbers HERE

been past it a few times but never stopped as it looked empty

Sunday to Friday 17.00-23.00. Saturday-by arrangement only.

there is a nice wee tearoom at the Thames garage just as you turn off the main road to the industrial estate in Sanquhar. Eddie.

Wheel Nut:

dowahdiddyman:

It was open the last time I was there :stuck_out_tongue:

I am sure it is, but I don’t think they do food until the evening.

As an aside,thats a quality pic of the ole “tailboard loads”.
Can remember the old man doing that many a time on his Thames Trader.

erfguy:
there is a nice wee tearoom at the Thames garage just as you turn off the main road to the industrial estate in Sanquhar. Eddie.

Know the one you mean Eddie, go to the carpet tile factory at least twice a week, and every time I go the tearoom looks like it`s full of kids who should be at school.

Great place to stop. Food is good and can get a pint too. It’s ideal for getting into Glasgow in the morning or heading cross country on the A702 to Edinburgh. When you come off at Abington services, there is a sign for Red Moss Truckstop and a sign outside Cairn Lodge/Happendon services.