Parking

Hi forum members

Leaving Cardiff tuesday am for aberdeen wednesday 9 am drop would like to get up as far as i can ,
need a nice place to stop , shower pub etc all ideas are appreciated , usually stop at red moss when do glasgow so something like that be grand

you should make it within 10 hours.
transportcafe.co.uk/stracath … echin.html

limeyphil:
you should make it in 10 hours.

From Cardiff ■■

billybigrig:

limeyphil:
you should make it in 10 hours.

From Cardiff ■■

i would think so, yes.

:smiley: thats up to m6 m8 motorways friends an the rest A roads well thats easy part LOL

Its a 8hr 30 min drive from hams hall did it last thursday I say from cardiff 11 hrs 30 it should take you but if you get to the a90 stracathro truck stop is ok 13 pound a night and the grub is ok.

:smiley: That a pub too like red moss ■■? an thanks my friend

Angus25:
Its a 8hr 30 min drive from hams hall did it last thursday I say from cardiff 11 hrs 30 it should take you but if you get to the a90 stracathro truck stop is ok 13 pound a night and the grub is ok.

for the price they charge for what they call food is a disgrace, it sits under heat lamps allday turning meat into rubber, the chips, beans, veg, pots are usally like warm from being sat in there dishes being kept luke warm by hot water under them , the coffee and tea doesnt taste right even being out of a machine, in the shower dept the water will either be cold or will be skalding hot with no inbetween (unless they fixed it in the last 3 weeks), the toilets are out of the sixties but are usable.
now if you require fuel the petrol station accepts most fuel cards ( its a gulf petrol station btw) but for the best part of 8 months the hgv pumps have been failing so dont leave yourself wanting for fuel as the q sometimes reaches round too the dual carriage way and it could take you upto half an hour to get your turn for the pumps as it is a busy pkace with trucks wanting fuel.

bluebird1927:
:smiley: That a pub too like red moss ■■? an thanks my friend

no it aint a pub but you can buy some tinnies in the petrol station as it sells booze

I did Bridgend to Dundee the other week in 8.45 so you should ■■■■ Stracathro.

cheers dai :smiley: will have ago ,

Stracathro up? The food is disgusting, wouldn’t let my dog eat there.
Horseshoe at Inchture is a good shot but don’t have showers and there is a pub on the other side of the dual carriageway.
Tayside Truckstop on Goudie Industrial Estate have decent showers and no pub nearby.
LIDL car park. Stoneywood, Aberdeen. Parked here by the Buckburn Manor and McDonalds. A96 (Inverurie Road)/A947 junction.

The Asda car park at Portlethen :wink:
The Asda is 24 hours and the cafe opens about 0730, failing that theres a takeaway a few minutes walk away…

That ok to park there then /// would i make there in my drive hours , an where is that place ■■?

bluebird1927:
That ok to park there then /// would i make there in my drive hours , an where is that place ■■?

Yeah its ok to park there, theres always trucks parked there, park where they do near the recycling bins…
Its just off the A90, cant miss the place, on the right hand side approaching Aberdeen…

sorry forum members i wont make it that far up (if only we could) i would say dundee be the furthest i would get up ■■?

unless you can advise me other wise legal of course ////

appreciate all messages