Red light at Mercedes

This comes on if i park at an angle. No buzzer thou :confused: Should i remove the bulb :question:

Think its time you checked oil !

You ever had this one on yours fallmonk :question:

Now I’m going to assume that you’re not a complete idiot & have checked the oil level via the good old fashioned dipstick, so that done it would appear that you have a faulty sensor, get it fixed, SIMPLE, if you take the bulb out then you will have no warning of a low oil level & will be in the brown stuff when you blow the engine up :unamused:

if those lights are on when your speedo is showing 90 k’s you’ve got a big problem :cry:

newmercman:
Now I’m going to assume that you’re not a complete idiot & have checked the oil level via the good old fashioned dipstick, so that done it would appear that you have a faulty sensor, get it fixed, SIMPLE, if you take the bulb out then you will have no warning of a low oil level & will be in the brown stuff when you blow the engine up :unamused:

do they have dipsticks :question: i did,nt think any of the recent mercs had them.

It’s a cab up job which is a pain but not as painful as sitting on the side of the road for hours with a blown engine :unamused:

newmercman:

And you sold mercs :question:
No dipstick on em in Ireland did you sell special ones :question:

Its not a cab up job either, they do come with the sleeve its capped thou and can be found under the grill on the offside :blush:

OK I may be wrong about the location but they have got one somewhere, the Stralis is a cab up job & I assumed the Merc was the same. If they are under the grille then the Merc drivers, mentioning no names (DAVE) should hang their heads in shame :laughing:

As is often said ‘you learn a new thing every day’ :blush:

You havn,t said what that it for a Mercedes. If its the Actross there is no way of checking the oil level manually .
So much for the on board computers. My guess is to check the censor as previously said. :frowning:

Have you tried putting a piece of black electricians tape over it ?

WOT ?!?!?!?

If you try a bit harder the light may go out :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Looks like an Actros to me.

No manual check.

And by the way, going by what I was told at Mercedes-Benz DriverTraining at Wentworth Park, the warning is telling you that you have too much engine oil.

:wink:

nianiamh:
If you try a bit harder the light may go out :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Judging by the light telling you the mid lift was up that must’ve been one hill of a hill to hit that speed empty, bet you can’t wait to get to Canada :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I agree with flying fenman,its to show the oil level is to high.If it only comes on when your parked at an angle the oil is high up the sensor on the low side of the engine.Shouldn’t be to much to worry about :wink:

because the wavy line is above the oil can it is overfull and the only way to get rid of the light is to drain some out.You can have a dipstick fitted i know someone who would not rely on the computer and insisted one was fitted before he signed for the truck

always bought dipsticks for our actros’ , two of my drivers are of the old stock and wont be told by a computer how much oil is in the truck… They’re only a few euros, and I’m only too glad to pay for them as it shows that they care about the trucks.

Bloody ridiculous if you ask me, I know that nobody has, but you’re getting my pearls of wisdom whether you like it or not :laughing:

A dipstick is an option, that’s just taking things too far, a quick look at the oil can forewarn of other disasters, head gaskets, fuel in the oil etc :unamused:

Computers are designed for talking bollox about lorries & for watching ■■■■, not checking oil levels in lorries :laughing:

Fenman was the first to get it right. The line above the can means too much oil. As the truck is only 3 months old the problem has to be a sensor fault. As i said it only comes on when im parked at an angle and i recalled it to take the photo.
Its gone into merc today as im off on holidays tomorrow. The impression i got from them is the computer is designed to hand you a tissue before you sneeze. :open_mouth: