Where's

The dipstick in a premium? & don’t say behind the steering wheel.

Silver_Surfer:
The dipstick in a premium? & don’t say behind the steering wheel.

I think you just check the level using the dash display.

I post this with the caveat that I stand to be corrected. :smiley:

Accessed by tilting the cab

Steve

oatcake1967:
I think you just check the level using the dash display.

Correct, there is also a dipstick for checking manually but really only needs to be used if the sensor for the dash display is faulty, (indicated by an oil can with a cross through it when you turn the ignition on). You have to tilt the cab to access it though.

tip the cab and it on the n/s of the engine, i dont trust the eletronic one on my renault as it way out

Ok so, thought I was being blind, managed to open the bonnet though :slight_smile: I do usually use the dash display to check it but it’s a bit low at the mo so want to dip it & I’ve just bought a new one apparently so want to look at the precious.

Silver_Surfer:
Ok so, thought I was being blind, managed to open the bonnet though :slight_smile: I do usually use the dash display to check it but it’s a bit low at the mo so want to dip it & I’ve just bought a new one apparently so want to look at the precious.

If it’s a 6x2 make sure the mid or tag is down as it makes a fair bit of difference.

Steve

Ok thanks lads.

Silver_Surfer:
behind the steering wheel.

Sorry couldn’t resist :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

In the office behind the door marked TM

Seriously though under the cab

Please make sure you tilt the cab the whole way. Always cringe at seeing drivers with their heads under half tilted cabs - they can and do fall.

On a serious note, I took one of these into renault for its 6 week service (Sat with it) and they said it needed 4.5 ltrs of oil, the guage read full on startup but it was bone dry! lucky escape, but goes to show, it still needs checking.

Took my premium in today was talking to fitter he said they hold 30 or 40 l of oil .

Robspils:
Took my premium in today was talking to fitter he said they hold 30 or 40 l of oil .

That seems a lot? Either way, the dipstick was bone dry.

Not too sure how they measure the oil as it comes off a pump on the wall.

trubster:
Not too sure how they measure the oil as it comes off a pump on the wall.

There’s either a flow meter on the trigger end or the fitter can preset how many ltrs they need

trubster:
On a serious note, I took one of these into renault for its 6 week service (Sat with it) and they said it needed 4.5 ltrs of oil, the guage read full on startup but it was bone dry! lucky escape, but goes to show, it still needs checking.

Not by me though.

I don’t mind doing the normal checks, I’ll check tyres, mot, tax, bits hanging off, leaks, any fluids under the bonnet etc, but like ■■■■ am I tilting a cab on a daily basis - no no no no no

rob22888:
Please make sure you tilt the cab the whole way. Always cringe at seeing drivers with their heads under half tilted cabs - they can and do fall.

Yes.