ReD Fuel Cards

Anyone had any problems with ReD Fuels taking money from their bank account without prior notification, ie - e.mail or invoice? Or is this how they operate?

I sometimes find that the invoice is a little late arriving in the post, so the money has already gone out 1-2 days before. I think it might be a ploy to convert everyone to e-mail invoicing system.

If you’re not satisfied, ring em’ up and give em an ear bashing!

Done the ear bashing today. Was told that the invoice was probably delayed in the post - pointed out that the invoice was posted the same day as the money was taken out - seemed to confuse them! Some notice that a direct debit was to go out would be helpful. Keeping an eye on it now!!

on email invoicing now - but always got invoices by post a couple of weeks before they took the money

Denis F:
on email invoicing now - but always got invoices by post a couple of weeks before they took the money

They don’t trust me enough to give me any more than 1 weeks credit so the invoice arrives roughly the same time the DD goes out. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Thank you for the replies. More ear bashing done today as still not receiving invoices, but it will be sorted I am told!!!

Give them your email address and they will send you the invoice in pdf format the day they take the money out. They will also send you the price of their derv for the following week which is normally the same as BWOC!! Funny that. I bet they put the price up this week due to the budget even tho it doesn,t come in for 6 months!! I only get 1 weeks credit out of them too, so they mustn’t trust any of us.

theseatonslicer:
! I only get 1 weeks credit out of them too, so they mustn’t trust any of us.

I must be a good risk then, I get 2 weeks credit :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

had loads of trouble with this card so sent it back our diesel usage never tallied with what they took out and invoice was always late so money already taken then time trying to get it back.Dealing with this firm is like a foreign call centre tell you what you want to hear then not do it i also find them the most expensive

Had a text today with next weeks price at 95.55 half an hour later had another text which was back up to 97 plus…something odd afoot me thinks…

Croft cheapest this last week, which is not something I ever thought I’d say!! :open_mouth:

Not had a problem with them taking money, because they`ve been too expensive for months cheaper to buy at the pump. 95.55p next week for me, better than this week but more needed.

We’re finding the European Diesel Card consistantly 2p per litre cheaper than any Keyfuels card and it can be used in alot of places in the UK.

www.europeandieselcard.com

Had a letter from Red fuels on sat 22/3/08 telling me of revised terms. If I dont use my account in a calander month 50p will be charged.
I dont think so some how.
95.55 ppl for next week. it’ll be the citi card at shell pump price again - making it 91.55 ppl

I had a letter like that - On my ReD BP account, if I don’t use 400 litres a month it’s going to cost me a fiver a month !!

As the BP garage I used most often has changed to a Shell garage (Cullompton MSA if anyone ever gets down this way ) I guess the card will be going back pretty soon !

dozer:
Had a letter from Red fuels on sat 22/3/08 telling me of revised terms. If I dont use my account in a calander month 50p will be charged.
I dont think so some how.
95.55 ppl for next week. it’ll be the citi card at shell pump price again - making it 91.55 ppl

I had the same letter, but it also said additional charges will be incurred for:
new directory £2.00 per copy
plastic fuel card holders £1.00 each
go over credit limit - £35.00 charge
copy receipts - £5.00 per copy
copy invoices - £5.00 per copy

My cards with them expire with them at end of April and I wont be asking for them to issue replacements

zebadee:
We’re finding the European Diesel Card consistantly 2p per litre cheaper than any Keyfuels card and it can be used in alot of places in the UK.

I had a look at the above link, and its the same address as Smartdiesel, obviously they run more than one fuel card although the smartdiesel website quotes 98.90ppl this coming week, european diesel card quotes it at only 97.15ppl

tc trans:

zebadee:

I had a look at the above link, and its the same address as Smartdiesel, obviously they run more than one fuel card although the smartdiesel website quotes 98.90ppl this coming week, european diesel card quotes it at only 97.15ppl

I think they’re part of the uk fuels group - smartdiesel and fuel card express are also linked

but tbh with ReD at 95.5 they’re not worrying me too much :laughing:

regarding the 50 pence charge if we dont use our card in any month - I’ll just draw 0.5 litres of fuel every month. :laughing:

U K fuels also texaco fast fuel card from infuel. Had the letter from red about revised terms, card due for renewal shorty have to see if it`s worth renewing it, no one else charges for cards that not used as far as i know.