Fuel card advice

I am looking for fuel suppliers shortly and would like some views on the cards available. Thanks guys

red is a waste of time they give you a good price one week then try to rip you of the next week

i use both red and uk fuels red do try and rip you off every other week or so it seems uk fuels arent too bad they usually get there price just under reds

I also use Red Fuels and UK Fuels - and agree Red have good price one week, get your business, then up the price. UK Fuels pretty stable, and you can always ask them to do better. They don’t always, but they do try.

Did anyone get the mail-shot from Red Fuels? I received one today - trying to secure new accounts - they quoted UK price for w/c 5/4/2009 @ 83.75ppl (excl VAT) - as a long standing account holder - price given to me for that week was 86.2ppl (excl VAT). So shop around…

i hate to use red card, even if keyfuel is 1.5ppl more i will use keyfuel, had more arguments with red regarding prices, the more you use the more expensive it gets the week after, may give uk fuels a go myself and see how they compare
i only use red at carlisle as for some reason my croft card wont work there? and its sods law i carnt be arsed fueling till the last minute :blush:

one card is not enough :wink: with more than one card you can use the cheapest every week - it’s just part of the game :laughing:

another thing I do is try to fill up at the end of the week (never on a monday) so that they start ringing to see why you haven’t used their card this week - that’s when you can get a good reduction :wink:

what makes me laff with red is, i have a mate who uses red card of should i say has a red card same as me, now my mate may only use say 500lts a week, were we us double and a bit more that that, but red will always quote my mate a cheaper price?? why is this had more stick the cards up ya arse with red over this but they wont answer as to why he may get some weeks 2 or 3 ppl cheaper, this is why i try not to use red,unless i really have to, they are a rip of in my eyes as said they give you a good price to draw you in then try to up it the week after, have apply"d for uk fuel cards so have to wait and see what the out come is, daz

Get a few cards if you can.Smart are pretty aggresive in the market.The only thing with them is if they are out on price they will get some young honey to ring you & then offer the same price as your other cards.

Reckon she thinks Smart is a nicer colour card so you must use it !!!

But she does sound well hot!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m so weak. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I use fuelcard sometimes, Total another and Shell Citi Card.

With Citi Card you get 3% off pump prices plus the points
(not worth much but still free) and one months credit

As has been said, get more than one and then play them against each other to keep the price down.

j.gooch:
I also use Red Fuels and UK Fuels - and agree Red have good price one week, get your business, then up the price. UK Fuels pretty stable, and you can always ask them to do better. They don’t always, but they do try.

Did anyone get the mail-shot from Red Fuels? I received one today - trying to secure new accounts - they quoted UK price for w/c 5/4/2009 @ 83.75ppl (excl VAT) - as a long standing account holder - price given to me for that week was 86.2ppl (excl VAT). So shop around…

I’ve had exactly the same thing, although my original price was 85.47ppl ( :sunglasses: :unamused: )

I’ll be ringing them tomorrow and finding out what their game is.

I use Croft Fuels too, although they’ve recently changed their name to The Fuel Card Company. They seem much calmer with their prices and far less scattergun than Red.

The guy I work for uses about 1200 litres a week, Shell always beat the others if he phones up but the last few weeks Shell have battered the other cards he has. He has routemat which this week is 89ppl and shell is just on top of 83p per litre.

Fenman:
With Citi Card you get 3% off pump prices plus the points
(not worth much but still free) and one months credit

but at the moment card prices are 5-6ppl below pump prices (and have been for most of this year) :confused: :confused: :confused:

Any comments on DKV?

this is a good card and is taken 99%
all over expect where they like cash more,

How do you go about getting a fuel card if you are a new start up company, my son has been trying a few all are saying if you use 2000 ltrs a month for example you would need to put down a £2000 bond or deposit down with them which is refundable when you close the account, my son thinks that £2000 would be better off staying in his account :smiley:

are there any that would not require this money up front ■■

When we were starting off we got Red fuel cards and BP cards but under Reds name. We didnt have to put down a bond and they are pretty good but as has been said not the best. Also they seem to love sending loads of bloody paperwork every time a card is changed or re issued, its crazy!

Mix-Master:
How do you go about getting a fuel card if you are a new start up company, my son has been trying a few all are saying if you use 2000 ltrs a month for example you would need to put down a £2000 bond or deposit down with them which is refundable when you close the account, my son thinks that £2000 would be better off staying in his account :smiley:

I started 4yrs ago so things were perhaps a little bit different but I posted NO bond with any firm I applied to.

Two grand is ridiculous and I would tell them to…get lost. The saving you make on fuel cards is ok but not worth losing 2k of valuable capital. If no company will talk sense to you then get a business credit card and put your fuel on that.

Mix-Master:

I had that B.S. from Shell ! :imp:

So far got Total eurocard, UK fuels and Red with a Keyfuels pending. None of them wanted a bond, in fact they seemed very happy to give us an account. :smiley:

I spent an hour or so on google and applied for several at the same time. :grimacing:

Mix-Master:

just keep trying different companies until you find ones that don’t want a bond :wink: I started using cards 10 years ago and was never asked for money up front (although I did hear of BP asking for some from a new start - refundable over a couple of years)

maybe things are different now ?

My son has sorted his fuel card situation now, he is waiting for total, red, and keyfuels

this forum is a godsend and so much valuable information from people who have been there done it and got the Tshirt, you could easily spend too much money if you did not visit this place first :slight_smile: