Fuel Cards/ Fuelserv

Hi all :smiley:

Just looking for some advice or feedback ref buying fuel. Getting a bit pricey now so having to be careful - what do you recommend, i’m going to apply for Fuelserv i think, been talking to them and all seems ok, altho they seem to have changed name now to red fuel cards or something, what about keyfuels are they any good? :question:

Thanks any help appreciated

not sure whats happening with keyfuels, i’ve had their diesel direct card for a while but at the mo the price is just to high, this weeks was something like 99p inc, morrisons where i used to fill up on the card are 95p which is a big difference over a month.

Fuelserv are good, but you need to have two fuel suppliers because if you only use one card the price will creep up - if you have two and use them alternatively it keeps them on their toes :wink:

I mainly use Fuelserv (now owned by the australian company ReD Fuel Cards) and Smartdiesel - both will email prices at the start of the week. I also have two keyfuels card and an Allstar card for the times when Supermarkets are cheaper)

my prices this week are Fuelserv 79.55 (93.47 inc VAT), Smartdiesel 79.9 (93.88 inc VAT)

Thanks, very helpful, so I guess I just get a selection of cards and use whatever pays off. Have been using Morrisons Pumps for a while cos they do a business fuel card, and you get ‘miles’ which are converted into a 5 pound voucher.

ajptransport:
Have been using Morrisons Pumps for a while cos they do a business fuel card, and you get ‘miles’ which are converted into a 5 pound voucher.

and you get “up to 45 days credit” which is more than most fuel cards

most of mine are billed weekly and then paid within 14 days :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Morrisons in the SW don’t have HGV pumps :cry: :cry: :cry:

never new morrisons did a card, i’ll have to look into that.

paul b:
never new morrisons did a card, i’ll have to look into that.

Morrisons are now doing UK fuel cards, but, every site I pass has “NO HGVs”, so, how the ■■■■ do you use them ■■?

Uk Fuels are pretty good, I have heard a bad thing or two regarding Fuelserve, so, lets hope the Aussie lot are better.

West Hallam Ram:
Morrisons are now doing UK fuel cards, but, every site I pass has “NO HGVs”, so, how the [zb] do you use them ■■?

some have HGV pumps, don’t know which ones though :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: think they’re "oop narf " somewhere :wink:

Morrisons take Keyfuels and Fuelserv cards now as well :sunglasses:

if you get up this way theres one just off of j1 m18., can’t say i’ve seen any others.

paul b:
if you get up this way theres one just off of j1 m18.

Jesus! I’d get a nosebleed if I was to go that far north! :laughing:

I have a Fuelserv card, but haven’t used it for ages as they are quoting me 0.87ppl this week, and thats about average for the last couple of months, whereas Keyfuels and Diesel Direct are coming in at around 0.80 -0.81ppl.

Tramper:
[

I have a Fuelserv card, but haven’t used it for ages as they are quoting me 0.87ppl this week, and thats about average for the last couple of months, .

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

strange :confused: my last weeks price was 79.55 (haven’t had prices for next week yet)

you should be able to get that sort of price - you use more diesel than I do :exclamation:

do they ring you every couple of week to see why you’re not using the card :question:

Had a check, only 3 Morrisons HGV sites, Pinchbeck, Rortherham and Ipswich so handy for Felixstowe dock work

Denis F:
strange :confused: my last weeks price was 79.55 (haven’t had prices for next week yet) you should be able to get that sort of price - you use more diesel than I do :exclamation: do they ring you every couple of week to see why you’re not using the card :question:

Yes your right, I should be able to get a better price than that, but all I get from them is a Text message every week to tell me about the price for the coming week. Initially I ignored it, thinking yeah right you can get stuffed at that price matey!, but for the last couple of weeks I have been texting back saying how far off the mark they are, but to date have had no response. It s a shame really, there was a time when I was spending around £8000.00 per month with them.

Tramper:

Denis F:
strange :confused: my last weeks price was 79.55 (haven’t had prices for next week yet) you should be able to get that sort of price - you use more diesel than I do :exclamation: do they ring you every couple of week to see why you’re not using the card :question:

Yes your right, I should be able to get a better price than that, but all I get from them is a Text message every week to tell me about the price for the coming week. Initially I ignored it, thinking yeah right you can get stuffed at that price matey!, but for the last couple of weeks I have been texting back saying how far off the mark they are, but to date have had no response. It s a shame really, there was a time when I was spending around £8000.00 per month with them.

Take Dennis’s advise, and get another card, I use petroplus and Croft fuels, they both email me their prices on a Friday, and I use which ever is cheapest. It will probably take a week or two before your current supplier realises you aren’t buying and asks why.
Unfortunately there are no rewards for loyalty anymore :frowning:

Renaultman. I already have another 3 suppliers, which I use regualy,as they don’t take the mick. I haven’t used the fuelserv card for months due to their high prices, and the y keep txting me each and every week with even higher prices!

Tramper:
Renaultman. I already have another 3 suppliers, which I use regualy,as they don’t take the mick. I haven’t used the fuelserv card for months due to their high prices, and the y keep txting me each and every week with even higher prices!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: their loss then :wink:

this weeks truck haven fuelserve card price? £1.01p per litre :open_mouth:
they must be havin a laugh, i can buy it at 96p from a local independant and get 60 days credit!

I had a word with them last week and explained the situation,funnily enough they managed to drop the price, this week they are coming in at 0.7998 ppl

81.25 for me. Not using theirs this week :imp:

We have, smart, red, croft, bp, abbey.
There can be as much as 3ppl difference in the week but smart hate to lose, if you bluff when they ask for your cheapest price(within reason) they generally call back with a match or a beat! plus if you deal with Sam she’s very efficient, unlike some of the muppets.

Morrisons hgv sites are few and far between, theres one in boroughbridge 10 mins off the a1 and one at hellaby j1 m18, but the bunker cards are usually 1-2ppl under forecourt anyway.

It pays to have as many accounts as you can be bothered with and you’ll find that when you have 1 account they all suddenly want you.

Better still, wake up, sell up and go to New Zealand before we are put under Sharia law.