Fuel Cards - Help!

Hi all,

A certain fuel card company is screwing me around and I’d like to hear other folks advice.

We have 7 cards, just with our company name on them. We’ve only ever used card number 1 from this company, however when card number 7 went missing, we reported it missing and requested it was canceled.

However, after a few weeks we’ve had invoices for £1001!

We don’t normally use this company as we have better cards but the only time I used the card was to stick £20 in my car!

They are saying that we still have to pay it, even though the vehicle reggys on it are not ours and dont exist, however they say WE have to go round every station it was used at and request CCTV footage that we will never be given.

So basicly, it’s our fault even though we did our bit and reported it missing and asked it to be stopped…

Any help?

What was the time difference between you reporting the card missing and the fuel being drawn? Or was fuel drawn before you reported it missing?

Tell them your not paying and to get onto the police to investigate the theft of fuel and your card. Its not your responsibility to go round the petrol stations its down to the police to investigate

did you request it was cancelled in writing ? ( if so have you got a copy ? )

We had the cards stolen out of one our trucks a few years ago. When I stopped it there had been about £600 worth of fuel out of it, in the next 20 odd hours, another £2000 plus was taken out. This was all out of one automated site, I had to pay for all of it. The card was our main card and also our bulk fuel supplier, I had spent many thousands of pounds with them, and they held me liable for every penny. I often wonder how soon the pumps would have been stopped if my payment had not gone through?
Apologies for those who have read this before, it was quite a few years ago, but the scars are still there :frowning:

stagedriver:
A certain fuel card company is screwing me around and I’d like to hear other folks advice.

Bernard Brogun ?

If the fuel was drawn from an automated site then they must have had the PIN number, which means you are liable as you are expressly prohibited from keeping the PIN and the card together by their T&Cs.

Harry Monk:
If the fuel was drawn from an automated site then they must have had the PIN number, which means you are liable as you are expressly prohibited from keeping the PIN and the card together by their T&Cs.

I know that. It was the time it took to stop the bloody pumps that left the scars.

I sent them 2 emails requesting they cancel all 7 cards till I can find out where number 7 is (Along with the rest).

I don’t know if it was a PIN or sig as they won’t tell me sod all!

They follow the name of DCS :unamused: