Fuel company double charging

i looked through my invoice from the fuel card company for the weeks ending 07/03 and 14/03 and found that for 2 transactions i have been charged on both weeks. both transactions took place at morrisons j41 wakefield.
i spoke to my account manager at the fuel card company who has said that they will take payments for both invoices and will then try to get me a refund once the sight agrees that they have charged me twice. this is despite the fact that the lady on the phone agrees its plain to see as the transactions are 2 seconds apart and are for exactly the same in litres.
the total for the 2 transactions is £537.73 plus the vat. so everyone look carefully if you used the same site in those 2 weeks. i will be intrested to hear if anyone else has also been over charged.

Currently having a ding dong with Bernard Brogun/Keyfuels, they’re claiming they went to my bank in Nov last year to get payment and it was returned, they didn’t because theres no record of it at the bank, and in the past when theres been a problem (their fault, they requested the money 4 days earlier than the date on the invoice meaning the money wasn’t transferred to the current account ready for them to collect) the card was immediately put on hold until it was transferred. I’ve only used the card a bit since then and its always worked and they’ve been and taken payment for this fuel use since Nov, until last week. We had a letter from a debt collector taking me to court in two weeks time, with an additional £150 collection fee added to the claimed amount owed. We’ve recieved no warning letters or phone calls to advise of their cockup and that we owed them money, so they’re well out of order.
The women in the accounts deparment at Broguns must be some of the most obnoxious and gobby people I’ve ever had the misfortune to deal with, the fact I’ve been a customer for nearly ten years means nothing, as far as they’re concerned its not their fault :unamused: its ours, and we are liars :open_mouth: . My wife has spent a whole day matching fuel docketts after having to retrieve all the info from the accountants, yes we have drawn the fuel, so I’m going to ring them tomorrow and offer what we owe less the collectors fees, and less the £20 they charged for the other mistake, the £35 the bank charged for the same, and £100 for my wifes time. [zb]s

I rang super gobby ■■■■■ in Bernard Brogun accounts and told her I wanted to pay there and then by credit card, with the deductions I mentioned above, she wasn’t impressed :stuck_out_tongue: and refused to take payment unless it was for the full amount, I told her no way and to take me to court.
I then rang the debt collectting agency and offered the same deal, after explaining what the pillocks at Broguns had done over not going to the bank, and if I took it to court I’d probably win because;
A: I had proof that the DD hadn’t been presented to the bank.
B: Broguns hadn’t gone through the proper process of sending statements, warning letters etc to warn of court action.

The collection agency accepted we were in the right and came to a deal where I paid the full invoice less their collection fees, and said they would persue Broguns for the collection fee as it wasn’t our fault.
Not quite the bloody nose I wanted to give the accounts dept at Broguns, but a least a poke in the eye :grimacing:

Vote with your feet Big Joe f@@k them, they want to charge a £ for every invoice they send out to save them costs, I’m going to stop using them ASAP, why should we the hauliers sit at home printing invoices all weekend when them sons of dogs get paid to do clerical work all week? :imp:

Fly sheet

there is a certain shell garage in stourton, leeds that likes to swipe the card twice… one to be aware of.

jessicas dad:
there is a certain shell garage in stourton, leeds that likes to swipe the card twice… one to be aware of.

Yep and there tanks are full of crap, they must run them that low. A mate of mine only ever fills up there and he has no end of problems with crapped up pickup pipe and fuel lines. Still the silly old sod wont change garages coz its convenient . :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Payments aside, 2 BP stations in Stranraer have been taken over by an Irish crowd, and this Irish crowd have been bringing over there own fuel, suffice to say theres been a story in the local paper about cars, particularly DIESELS, becoming faulty… The faults were traced back to these 2 particular stations. So if anyone is in Stranraer try and not fill up using either BP stations.