Recording rest with anologue tachos

Lot of drivers would pull the card out when parked up for the night,some would leave the card in to show no movement and a daily rest period.Heard some Gendarmes would prefer to see recorded rest,and not gone down to the supermarket tractor solo to pick up a few crates of Stella Artois.Did anyone get done for pulling the tacho out.I would leave mine in,but if parked,and had to move,would you have to start the rest period again,or write on back,why you had to move.As a trace would show,by moving a few metres,thus interupting rest.

I always used to leave mine in but started taking it out one summer, after being weekended and needing to turn round to get the sun out of my window. Then there is always the chance of over running if you don’t take it out before the 24hr period is up. I’ve never been done for it. The last time I got my tachos checked I was in Germany. The bag man looked over a months worth, maybe more. He brought them all back and all the other papers and actually smiled. I didn’t get nicked for any thing. I was quite amazed as I only ever took the truck back to the yard when the boss wanted it in for service. Got all my instructions over the sat, never had to talk to the boss for months on end. He even stopped syphoning the diesel out of my tanks I was making him that much money.

Always took mine out at night and never had a problem when controlled

Always taken mine out. This year alone, i’ve been checked by French 6 times, German 2 times, Czech, Swedish, Belgian, Bulgarian, and Hungarian, and not had a problem with any. I think that as long as you abide to all the other tacho rules, you should’nt have any trouble.

When i’d finished work for the day i would take the card out out, fill it in, then fill in another card in including the mileage (which would obviously be 0) then put that in, so for example, if you started work at 3am, parked up at 5pm, and didnt need to get up until say 8am the next day, you wouldnt have to get up at 3am to change the card over. Simple…

I didn’t normally leave a card in overnight unless I forgot to remove it.

I think letting it run over 24 hours was a more serious offence than the home made rules of Germany and France. The German authorities expected you to go to your truck on a day off to change the cards, the numpty German drivers did it too :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:

I think letting it run over 24 hours was a more serious offence than the home made rules of Germany and France. The German authorities expected you to go to your truck on a day off to change the cards, the numpty German drivers did it too :open_mouth:

Effectively making you ‘still at work’.

gb1:

Wheel Nut:

Exactiment :stuck_out_tongue:

With analogue charts i always used to remove them from tacho head at end of shift and never had problem either when stopped for control,am on digi-card now and leave driver card in vehicle unit from the time i leave yard until time i return to yard(which can be up to 3weeks at a time)and select rest mode and select end country when starting daily or weekly rest periods and when starting new shift select start country from menu on digi tacho.
I always remove digi-card when returned to base and finishing shift to get driver card downloaded and incase someone else shunts vehicle i
n yard with my driver card in vehicle unit.

I always remove my card at the end of a shift. When i take a weekly rest iI put a card in with the same start and finish location which shows a zero miles trace. I have been controlled by the French Ministry twice and the Guardia Civil three times this year and both were happy with this method as they neither mentioned it, nor did I receive any fines.

The last Spanish firm I worked for insisted that we use a break card showing a zero Km trace on all weekend breaks.

a chart only lasts for 24 hours so on a weekend break for longer than that you would have to return to vehicle to change chart meaning your break is interrupted

melbro:
a chart only lasts for 24 hours so on a weekend break for longer than that you would have to return to vehicle to change chart meaning your break is interrupted

gb1:

Wheel Nut:

melbro:

Agreed a card does only last 24 hours but the only other option is not to use a break card and then have to argue the toss with a stroppy Gendarme who thinks you should use one.

At the end of the day it simply helps to show that the vehiclle was not moved during the periods dated on the card, although it cannot prove it wasnt. If it keeps the various Euro police forces quiet and off my back then it will do fine for me.