rats

parked in reading services last night rats were runing through the car park .i know they say you are never more than 10 feet away from rats but could something be done dont see them in other sevices

ianto:
parked in reading services last night rats were runing through the car park .i know they say you are never more than 10 feet away from rats but could something be done dont see them in other sevices

I bet the Ritz has them in the kitchens, don’t worry, they don’t like us much.

In Holland the services are rife as the canals are like a motorway network for Roland and his mates

pulled up one night on a52 nr notts for a break, within mins they were everywhere, didnt stay long, just had that horrible feeling theyd find a hole to get in cab, used to go by afterwards, see trucks in layby for night , used to send a shudder up my spine, yuk

There are LOADS of rats in all the laybys and service areas, you just don’t see them all the time.
Take an Air rifle with you next week and you will have hours of fun shooting the car drivers…oops sorry meant Rats…

The borders running along the walkways and round the parking areas with low growing vegitation are a haven for them, I once went to one of those rubbish bins with a slot on each side, as I pushed my junk into one side, a dirty great Roland shot out of the other side and flew horizontally straight into the flora and fauna, scared the bejezus otta me :open_mouth:
I always give bins a good kicking now before I put my fingers anywhere near them :grimacing:

Come to Lymm! There’s thousands of them there, they’re bigger than a small dog…and you’re never more than five feet from them!

Those (zb)er’s could break into a container!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

ianto:

Thats why the food in the services is so dear, you’ve got to pay for their —kin’ dinner first :imp: Do what I do and carry your own grub and just use the services for the toilets and drowning your tea bags ect!

saw loads at cherwwell valley services - they hide in the undergrowth and the hedges.
Rats aren’t scared of humans any more, they just look upon us as a food source. Anywhere theres even only a handful of crumbs they’ll turn up. I had to spend a lot of time at our local hospital when my dad was ill and overnight they were all over the place where people had nipped outside for a coffee and biscuit.

they work for vosa.

Hilton park south is crawling with the ■■■■■■■.

TONY530I:
Hilton park south is crawling with the [zb].

no mate, they are between junction 13 and 14.

Perhaps if drivers stopped peeing in the truck park and walked to the toilets,not so many would be attracted ■■

extrucker:
Perhaps if drivers stopped peeing in the truck park and walked to the toilets,not so many would be attracted ■■

urine is sterile. it dosn’t attract rats. it’s actually very good for curing cuts, and athletes foot.

have you ever seen a rat licking ■■■■ off a tyre? :laughing:

extrucker:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: but rats dont eat ■■■■ do they :question: :question: :question:

they live in the undergrowth sourrounding the parking areas. i know that every now and again they remove all the undergrowth to combat this problem. to be fair there isnt that much they can about it as all the services and parking areas are surrounded by fields where they live anyway. i saw a rat run out from under the cafe on the brigg road lay by the other night but again surrounded by fields.

ady1:
pulled up one night on a52 nr notts for a break, within mins they were everywhere, didnt stay long, just had that horrible feeling theyd find a hole to get in cab, used to go by afterwards, see trucks in layby for night , used to send a shudder up my spine, yuk

im really phobic about rats and mice if i get close to one i start to be sick, if im in the cab then im ok if its just one or 2 but more i have to get away. but im the same as you ady my imgination goes wild about how they can get in the cab. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

when i worked in engineering i started at this place, during the day i spotted a mouse run over my lunch bag :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: i just got all my stuff together and just walked out there and then.

Saw the rats at Reading services,metres away from Burger King,probably living of the fats and oils from the burger king,that go down the pipes.

rat burgers are quite tasty. they do need to be a tad over cooked, with plenty of black pepper and garlic.

are we allowed to say black pepper on here? or is it ethnic minority pepper.

limeyphil:
rat burgers are quite tasty. they do need to be a tad over cooked, with plenty of black pepper and garlic.

are we allowed to say black pepper on here? or is it ethnic minority pepper.

Only if you use an equal amount of white pepper.

Hopwood Services at J2 M42 in South Birmingham was always riddled with them in the surrounding bushes of the car park. Disgusting creatures, but if we humans wernt so disgusting by throwing our waste food only the floor then there wouldnt be half as many.
Pigeons & Seagulls are also getting as bold. I was in Llandudno the other week & the local Seabirds positively hastle you if your sat with a bag o chips on the sea front.

Over on the forums at RatNetuk.com there are several post complaining about lazy, disgusting people ■■■■■■■ on the tarmac in MSA’s where they, the rats, have to run and where their children play.

toby1234abc:
Saw the rats at Reading services,metres away from Burger King,probably living of the fats and oils from the burger king,that go down the pipes.

Warwick on M40 and Maidstone on M20 are bad too.

They are more scared of you than you are of them.

I have a couple as pets, Ronnie and Reggie, they are very affectionate little animals.

this is ronnie having a nosey