Chester services health hazard

was parked mobcof mould.
In the morning about 530 I wandered over to service area to get washed and grab a coffee

at rear of toilets and mcdonalds there is an iso container close to some outdoor eating areas.
there before my eyes was a right gathering of rats, im talking some half the size of a pet
cat, there was maybe about 12 -15 of them scurrying about between the piles of rubbish and the bushes

Probably get through the hole in the wall in the shower lol , I know some of the facilities are free but Jesus I thought we lived in the England not a 3rd world country

Plenty at Lymm and Medway as well :grimacing:

Rats a naturally occurring phenomenon :grimacing:

I spent 20 years doing bulk gas deliveries around the South. Part of that was delivering oxygen into the tanks at hospitals. The state of some of these places is absolutely disgusting, overflowing medical waste bins, general filth and rats the size of cats. Needless to say a lot of these tanks were at the rear of the hospitals where the general public don’t get to go. If they could they wouldn’t want to go into some of these places.

Rats are everywhere. When I was young I worked at Butlins bognor regis for 2 years. Ill never forget the day when somebody called me over to the compactor skips and started them up…a carpet of rats ran out and headed straight for the punters chalets :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Needless to say I have never holidayed at butlins!

they say your never more than 20 feet from a rat, see plenty hanging around stafford services

The problem is that the rats are winning the battle by becoming immune to poisons set.
We had rats under our shed, the local council was going to charge us £60 to come and set a trap and God knows how much for every other visit, so money is coming before health issues it would appear. I sent my Jack Russell terrier in, he got 6 in 5 minutes, for the price of some dog treats, but think how many there would have been after months of breeding if I had said sod it, I ain’t paying that and done nothing, as many will do.

Immingham truck park was alive with rats when I parked there regular about 7 years ago, down to mess left by drivers, I don’t know what it’s like now, but I felt sorry for the people in the nearby houses then.

I remember being parked up on Birchanger Green M11 for the night and every few seconds rats run across a path from the car park to the back of the services !!!, sounds like its a common occurrence on the Motorway Services .

Warwick services s/b the bushes in truck park full of em

When I was last at the services at Eye on the A47 there were loads scurrying about.

They dug all bushes up around the entrance to hartshead moor a few years back because of the rats in them.

pete smith:

Out of interest,what were you doing in the bushes :question: :neutral_face:

Suedehead:

pete smith:

Out of interest,what were you doing in the bushes :question: :neutral_face:

Parked next to them watching the rats,why did you think i was waiting for you :question: :astonished:

jessicas dad:
They dug all bushes up around the entrance to hartshead moor a few years back because of the rats in them.

yeah and the place still has em

A lot of McDonalds have removed their shrubs etc from their car parks to keep the rats down , pity most of their knuckle dragging clientele can’t help but dump their crap out if their windows before driving off…,