R H STEVENS

See R H Sevens are having a sale. Have they pack up?

Peter

was mentioned on here thay went a couple of weeks ago i think

packed up and restarted as macclesfield haulage i was told the other day.

Macclesfield-based haulier RH Stevens is winding down its operations after liquidating three of its trading divisions.

RH Stevens Tankers, RH Stevens Forwarding and Distribution and RH Stevens (Garages) all appointed Paul Stanley of Begbies Traynor as liquidator of the three firms on 1 February.

Its parent company - RH Stevens Transport - continues to trade, while a new company, Macclesfield Transport, has been set up to handle the completion of deliveries of goods currently stored in its warehouses

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … idated.htm

That was quite a surprise reading the news today. I question whether they will keep the horrible pink colour though. It would be a nice idea to keep the name going.

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … assets.htm

Rumours that Abbey have been trying to buy the remains of Stevos have been floating about for a while now, but it does seem a bit of a strange one to me as most of Stevos work has already been carved up.

dowahdiddyman:
Rumours that Abbey have been trying to buy the remains of Stevos have been floating about for a while now, but it does seem a bit of a strange one to me as most of Stevos work has already been carved up.

They did have some huge powder tanks which may fit in with their new business in that market.

They also bought that other company with the tauts so might want to expand that.

would explain why abbey are now pulling tip tanks and loading plastic granules from resin trade, felixstowe

wirralpete:
would explain why abbey are now pulling tip tanks and loading plastic granules from resin trade, felixstowe

It may fit in well, some dairy’s I have been to have their own moulding plant to make poly bottles, I suppose they can fit that in with the milk work, the sugar and knowing the tanker-men of old, anything else that will ■■■■, blow or pump. We used to deliver pvc powder into Wells drinks and I have done liquid sugar in there too.

Abbey Road Tanks taken them over now, or at least the Macc bit.