H whittaker macclesfield

does any one remember h whittakers from macc,there yard was on heapy street just down the road from rh stevens,also are they still trading :question: ,i know stevens have gone.

Did they have lovely blue lorries all sign written?? I’m sure they used to do all the london traffic out of Rylands Wire in Warrington up untill it shut…

Hiya …i had some good mates on whits…dave preston…mick the nail…andy…and alex we had some good nights out on toddy.
I’ve not seen dave to speak to for maybe 15 years, he come off distance and was doing local. mick greenall has gone back to Kirks
where he started out on a 5 pot erf. i was talking to him at astle park this year. i think the’r’e still doing storage at whits
John

I think you will find that mr.Whittaker has passed on i inquired about him on here earlier in the year and that was the message i got RIP. I met him one time when i was just starting on Wyatts and he was a real nice bloke . There are some photos of his lorry on this thread but quite a way back

there still doing storage i took sum drums in just before xmas and the old boy who tipped me with forklift was a mr whittaker,so not sure if there was two brothers or sumat.

thank’s for all the info lad’s,shame about mr whittaker.

i tip and load containers regular @ whittakers … they have a 7.5 tonner and have recently bought a super space cab daf… old man whittaker did say he would not buy any more trucks ha ha… hes a sound man… i enjoy goin there… :smiley:

LJA 597 P.jpg

is this the same family from macc,hard to say with no signwriting :question:

GAZ70:
is this the same family from macc,hard to say with no signwriting :question:

Hiya…That beats me i cant think who that is and i worked in Bollington from 81 untill 88.
there was S Cooper ( red 4 wheelers KM’s… sed atks…and later DAF 2100’S)
and BC haulage who was also a cooper no relation both their yards was in the old station.
then there was Ambrose wood . i see the reg on the scania is JA which is a cheshire reg…
Whits of macc run F88’s and later F10’.changing to DAF’s and leyland DAF
John