R H Stevens

Did I read in someones posts, that the above company has gone out of business?

Yes they have, finished last Monday.
Bad news all round. :cry:

Was that the Macclesfield mob?

:open_mouth: That is bad news, they have been going for years, didn’t I read on here somewhere a few days ago. that one of there drivers died of a heart attack, only a young guy in his 40s.

Yes.

From what I recall, they ran tankers and curtainsiders.

Ken.

now called maccelsfield transport

altitude:
:shock: That is bad news, they have been going for years, didn’t I read on here somewhere a few days ago. that one of there drivers died of a heart attack, only a young guy in his 40s.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66843

Coffeeholic:

altitude:
:shock: That is bad news, they have been going for years, didn’t I read on here somewhere a few days ago. that one of there drivers died of a heart attack, only a young guy in his 40s.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66843

Cheers Coffeeholic

harry:
Was that the Macclesfield mob?

Yep thems the ones Harry.

Quinny:
Yes.

From what I recall, they ran tankers and curtainsiders.

Ken.

They also did Tippers too, not so long ago.

Tis a sad state of affairs round this way. Swains went last year, now RH Stevens, theres only really Kirks left in Macc apart from BC Transport.

Hiya whittikers transport closed just before Swains. they have storage but must have said goodby to a dozen drivers.
reg stevens run containers for manchester liners in the 60,s stevens also had a off set company called swiss tankers
i think they had a dozen trucks running Swiss in the earlys 70 that was seperate from rh stevens.I would think things
have just been wraped up slowly as reg was a shrewd buisness man.
John

yeh defo we got all there work well the chemical side anyway there stil doing the warehousing though

hyper26:
yeh defo we got all there work well the chemical side anyway there stil doing the warehousing though

Hiya hyper26…is that stevens chemical transport you.ve got. what do you trade as now.
John

3300John:
Hiya whittikers transport closed just before Swains. they have storage but must have said goodby to a dozen drivers.
reg stevens run containers for manchester liners in the 60,s stevens also had a off set company called swiss tankers
i think they had a dozen trucks running Swiss in the earlys 70 that was seperate from rh stevens.I would think things
have just been wraped up slowly as reg was a shrewd buisness man.
John

In the 80’s their tankers used to run into Marchon, probably 20-40 loads a day, they had ERF’s and Volvo’s in a pinkish livery.

im not sure mate they were doing the transport for rohdia chemicals we do a bit for them aswell n the guy who loads me told me theyd gone down and that all the work that they did was being passed onto us i think its outa doncaster somewere

any1 got any pics of there units the name rings a bell like.

lgamston:
any1 got any pics of there units the name rings a bell like.

http://www.rhstevens.co.uk/

Hiya…the pink that stevens trucks was painted was a registered colour. stevens pink.
the swiss tankers was blue with a yellow band about 3inches wide halfway up the cab of the F12,s
sorry no photo,s
John