Laid Off

As some of you probably know for the past 8 years I have been the sole subby on MRCT in Suffolk delivering fresh chicken with thier fridge trailers and Ive gotta admit I thought I was 100% safe on there , so it came as a major surprise when I was summonsed to the office on Tuesday morning and told " We’re really sorry Blissy but we havent got any more work for you after the end of next week " :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: On the plus side I have got a couple of conversations going on with people who may use me but its all a bit up in the air at the moment…Just goes to show that you never know what the next day may bring especially in the current economic climate .

bloody hell sorry to hear that, especially with the 4 x 2.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Sorry to hear that mate,I thought MRCT were busy as you see them in the rdc’s all the time,I know weve taken a few farms off two sisters in the south west but we had heard they were getting new farms around lincs to make up their numbers :confused:

Bliss, all the best in finding another job. As you know i work for the police and i am not safe either

Not as bad if your lorry is paid for but obviously pritty bad if you have payments but no income… Id say theres plenty of fridge work around, getting a good paying one though is harder to find…■■ Maybe need to try Fowler & Welch, Culina, Heritage, Norfolkline, Visbeen etc etc?? Did they give you a reason?

Hey fella what ever you do dont work for they are bust

I’ve removed the company name from your post until what you have said about them it can be verified.

Please post a credible link or info from a reliable source that we can check, then your post will be re-edited . dd.

The main reason Scottishcruiser is that they had all the transport from Wessex Foods in Lowestoft which burnt to the ground about a month ago…they were doing about 10 full loads a day out of there , the stock that was in the chillers has nearly all gone now so theyve gotta find alternative work for those 10 drivers and some of them are coming onto the stuff I was doing hence less for me , I cant blame them as theyve gotta look after there own drivers first…rumours have been flying about though that some drivers may get laid off and they are looking to cut hours for some of the others…its all a bit ■■■■ at the moment and I know that people are worried I was just unlucky enough to be first out of the door

I know how you feel mate, been there / had that done to me :cry:

I agree, you never know what`s round the corner, but, when one door shuts, another opens, keep your chin up.

Neville @ Heritage is your best bet IMHO, honest + trustworthy, not too many around with those credentials :unamused:

on the bright side its not because of your work or MRCT
its down to the lack of supplier product with no factory
so it may be up and running sometime in the future
best of luck

Sorry to hear that Blissy, seems to be happening all over the place at the mo… think we still have a long difficult time ahead of us all.

Maybe advise me/us how I/we can help.

Should I/we cut-back buying (Halal?) stuff from dodgy late night grease pits? Is that stuffEnglish/British and maybe is causing your situation …eg, is it imported from somewhere with lower standards/costs than ‘ours’ which you’ve been pulling for us?

Without intending to be inflammatory yet lin line with other industry sectors, I somehow imagine that non-British stuff might be a threat to ‘pukka English chicken’ which is what I want to support in lieu of stuff unkindly killed (I used Wikipedia to conclude that) with an Imam wailing in Arabic over it?

Same thing happened to us 2 yrs ago, its all about getting out there and selling your business now. It’s hard work and many’s a day i feel like quitting but we’re still afloat and two new customers this incoming week gives us a bit of light at the end of the tunnel for our hard work

Get on the phone and sell yourself

Good Luck

Sorry about that mate…But as they say ‘As one door closes another one opens’…Best of luck.

Maybe you’ll find something you prefer Chap, think positive & get youself out there & good luck.

Fly sheet

thats bad news mate, hope something turns up soonish for you, could try our lot in case they need someone for anything with a stepframe or something

Anything’s worth a try I suppose although it is a very quiet time for the rock and roll boys right now, been the quietest season for many years, don’t think any of the big names are touring this year.

Harry Monk:
Anything’s worth a try I suppose although it is a very quiet time for the rock and roll boys right now, been the quietest season for many years, don’t think any of the big names are touring this year.

Your right there HM, I was outside Redburns place yesterday, quite a few units parked up, something I ain`t seen for some time :open_mouth:

Most of EST’s subbies are sat at home. Last year was ok because the big tours are arranged a year or so in advance so they were being set up before the recession kicked in. They aren’t doing anything on the scale of Madonna or McCartney this year.

I would rather have my testicles removed with a rusty blunt hacksaw blade than work for David Brown at M.R.C.T.

Happy Keith:
Maybe advise me/us how I/we can help.

Should I/we cut-back buying (Halal?) stuff from dodgy late night grease pits? Is that stuffEnglish/British and maybe is causing your situation …eg, is it imported from somewhere with lower standards/costs than ‘ours’ which you’ve been pulling for us?

Without intending to be inflammatory yet lin line with other industry sectors, I somehow imagine that non-British stuff might be a threat to ‘pukka English chicken’ which is what I want to support in lieu of stuff unkindly killed (I used Wikipedia to conclude that) with an Imam wailing in Arabic over it?

most halal done here mate theres three killing plants still in bradford and more in surounding areas so its not that :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: