Quick tacho question

Put myself on a break at 18.00 things changed and I’m here for the night if I pull my card does my daily break start when I withdraw the card or from 18.00 or do I leave card in or take it out thanks

Your choice mate, leave it I or eject, if you put it on break, when you eject, break starts from when you changed the mode switch to break.

Sapper

In this instance leave your card in on rest. Then you’re daily will have started at 6pm.

If you now take card out it can be argued that in itself is a work activity. Daft I know but I suppose there’s logic in there

Starts at 18.00.
If.you do nights out put it on rest leave it in. As at least then if wake up in morning you can look up check how much rest you’ve had. If your the type that takes exactly 9 / 11 hours .
As say you set off thinking had 9 hours where in reality might had 8 58 8 59.

To be pedantic if you are leaving the card in overnight you should, strictly speaking manually enter “end country” and when you start in the morning manually enter “begin country”. That is though pedantry of the highest order as the reality is that (in this country) you’ll not be prosecuted for failing to do that.

So the short and easy version is just leave it be for now! :smiley:

the maoster:
To be pedantic if you are leaving the card in overnight you should, strictly speaking manually enter “end country” and when you start in the morning manually enter “begin country”. That is though pedantry of the highest order as the reality is that (in this country) you’ll not be prosecuted for failing to do that.

You’ll not be prosecuted in this country for it because you don’t need to do it. If you look at your tacho when selecting the country what you are doing is actually setting it to which ever country you select. Therefore once you have set it to the UK then it will remain as that and automatically record you has starting and funishing in the UK. The only time you would need to do a manual entry for a country at the end of your shift would be if you actually finished in a different country to the one you start in.

dreamingofoz:

the maoster:

You’ll not be prosecuted in this country for it because you don’t need to do it. If you look at your tacho when selecting the country what you are doing is actually setting it to which ever country you select. Therefore once you have set it to the UK then it will remain as that and automatically record you has starting and funishing in the UK. The only time you would need to do a manual entry for a country at the end of your shift would be if you actually finished in a different country to the one you start in.

Sorry but that’s not correct, the regulations state that you must enter the country that the shift starts in and the country that the shift ends in.

If you eject the card the country is automatically selected but if you don’t eject the card you are supposed to manually enter the country that the shift ends in and the country that the shift starts in.

I’ve never heard of anyone being done for not entering the start and end countries but legally you are required to.

Sent from my mobile.

I leave my card in so therefore don’t record start and end country. I got pulled by vosa and they checked my tacho and didnt mention that. It maybe something they would only look at if they were checking you out more deeply as part of an investigation rather than a spot check side of the road?

DickyNick:
I leave my card in so therefore don’t record start and end country. I got pulled by vosa and they checked my tacho and didnt mention that. It maybe something they would only look at if they were checking you out more deeply as part of an investigation rather than a spot check side of the road?

There is a £50 fine listed for not doing it, you’ll be very unlikely to get busted for it, but it only takes a few seconds

Uncleskid:
Put myself on a break at 18.00 things changed and I’m here for the night if I pull my card does my daily break start when I withdraw the card or from 18.00 or do I leave card in or take it out thanks

From when you went on break if you just eject

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

tachograph:

dreamingofoz:

the maoster:

Sorry but that’s not correct, the regulations state that you must enter the country that the shift starts in and the country that the shift ends in.

If you eject the card the country is automatically selected but if you don’t eject the card you are supposed to manually enter the country that the shift ends in and the country that the shift starts in.

I’ve never heard of anyone being done for not entering the start and end countries but legally you are required to.

Sent from my mobile.

Read on.
Happened to me several years ago in France. My habit was to book on every day wherever I was, and keep card in all the time.
At a control the Gendarme had a trainee and I’ll swear (without any evidence) that he was demonstrating that he could Always extract a fine. Everything was fine except entering country when booking off and on. I argued that with card staying in, and no vehicle movement it obviously was in same place evening and morning but he wasn’t happy. Think it was 90euro cash.
I now habitually eject card at night to trigger “End Country?” prompt.

Never heard of anyone else being done for it either.
Whole bunch of other trucks cluttering up the layby, it wasn’t just me failing the “attitude test”!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:

tachograph:

dreamingofoz:

the maoster:

Sent from my mobile.

Read on.
Happened to me several years ago in France. My habit was to book on every day wherever I was, and keep card in all the time.
At a control the Gendarme had a trainee and I’ll swear (without any evidence) that he was demonstrating that he could Always extract a fine. Everything was fine except entering country when booking off and on. I argued that with card staying in, and no vehicle movement it obviously was in same place evening and morning but he wasn’t happy. Think it was 90euro cash.
I now habitually eject card at night to trigger “End Country?” prompt.

Never heard of anyone else being done for it either.
Whole bunch of other trucks cluttering up the layby, it wasn’t just me failing the “attitude test”!

I’ve heard some French control bods can be a bit extreme, Spanish to apparently.

Sent from my mobile.

Uncleskid:

If you pull your card say at 19:00 that’s when your rest will start as it will show Card activity at that time your best bet would be leave the card in and alone in your situations.