Digital tacho daily rest

I was told by my boss on Friday that starting this week I was to leave my card in the tacho all week (take it out at weekend for weekly rest). As I have never done this before (always took out my card for my daily rest) are there any entries I need to do to show it is the end of the working day and start of my daily rest period?

Cheers

Put it on break when your day finishes and then switch it to otherwork when you turn up in the morning for work.

As above, but you also need to ‘End Country’ when you finish, and ‘Begin Country’ when you start. Scroll to Entry Driver 1, press ok, and there they are.

Are you a tramper or a day/night man?

Never leave the card in if you are not in charge of the vehicle (on shift or taking rest in it) because it leaves it open for another to record on your card

don’t forget the end and start country routine which is easy to do if not ejecting it

Am a tramper. Thanks for the answers

I always took mine out when tramping ,as at the end of a long day,tired it was always possible to forget to change modes ,but if that’s what the company requires I guess there’s no choice but to leave card inserted

Be warned that if you leave your card in while you are on daily rest, some tachographs will change mode to other work if you happen to turn on the ignition (eg to open or close the electric windows). This is a setting in the tachograph itself, but can be changed by a tacho technician…