Ending your day with card in

Hi all. I like to end my day and leave my card in. Some people say just put it on bed others say put on bed then end country. What do you do?

I end with bed, then country and eject it, never like leaving it in as using the the ignition key in the night messes up the mode.
Windows or radio on or off, then daily rest is interupted.
Or you never know if the lorry needs to be moved for any reason in the night, for the emergency services.
Factory on fire with gas or chemicals, police knock the door to say move on, evacuate.
Some countries prefer the card in to show rest, but nothing in law to say in or out.
On analogue tachos, the French used to allow the unit to be used as a taxi after booking off, drop the trailer to find a restaurant.

Put onto “bed” … then manual entry to enter “end Country”. Just be careful that if you turn ignition on (during your rest), that your tacho does not revert to “other work”. This does happen with some versions :wink:

If you’re leaving it in then follow the above ^^^. I myself pop mine out but that’s me, if driving abroad some countries like a continuous recording so therefore leave it in.

always leave it in and put the end country, no reason to take it out imo. never been near a factory fire, maybe that’s why :laughing:

if the tacho reverts to other work when the ignition is switched on, it has been specifically configured to do so, as opposed to the trucks that I drive that automatically go on a break, if you turn it off.

How many people left analogue charts in, and filled it out in the morning? I always carried the same logic onto digicards

just eject it job done unless over the water then it stays in

As I’m away all week I generally leave it in overnight but I dropped a bollock last night; it was only as I started country this morning that I realised that although I had ended country last night I’d inadvertently left it on crossed hammers. Doh! So currently I’ve done 12 hours 6 minutes driving including 5 hours 52 minutes without a break! No worries though, I did two printouts and wrote an explanation on the back before I set off.

Ovlov Jay I know what you’re saying about analogue charts, but to be pedantic you are supposed to show the full 24 hours on them, either by writing “rest” on the back of them or mark start and end of day on them.

OVLOV JAY:
How many people left analogue charts in, and filled it out in the morning? I always carried the same logic onto digicards

I did because I always drove the same wagon and always started at 06:30. Not strictly legal as I’d remove previous days’ chart around 06:20 and wait until 06:30 so there was no overlap, but had no complaints when charts were analysed.
It’s a PITA now as my wagon has a digicard and the other two are analogue and on a quiet day I can drive all three.
Question, do you have to “end country” if you never leave said country? Ie can I just “rest” mode overnight and carry on?

Yes that is being pedantic as that’s why a digi says end shift when you eject and start shift when you enter

Ours often get used at night, if not they’re usually loaded overnight for us, so obviously it comes out.

The thing with leaving it in is that you could forget mode, or as said on some the mode changes if you turn ignition on, or might have to move for some reason, if it comes out every night you can do a manual entry in the morning which keeps everyone happy, and won’t inadvertantly leave it in the machine all weekend or when you go on holiday.

As has been said if you leave your driver card in you should manually enter the end country, you also need to enter the start country when you start the next shift.

Personally I’ve always taken the card out.

OVLOV JAY:
Yes that is being pedantic as that’s why a digi says end shift when you eject and start shift when you enter

I was talking about the analogue charts that you mentioned.

Didn’t know that was possible to select end country and keep the card in… How does one do this? I thought you had to push eject, end country, print out Y/N, then card came out :confused:

the maoster:

OVLOV JAY:

I was talking about the analogue charts that you mentioned.

I know, I was referring to the start shift and end shift on a digi, we’re from the same stable as edr and sdr on an analogue. Both serve the same purpose of confirming the implied daily rest between shifts

G6Bob:
Didn’t know that was possible to select end country and keep the card in… How does one do this? I thought you had to push eject, end country, print out Y/N, then card came out :confused:

Call main menu, scroll up or down until you come to “entry driver 1”, select ok it then flashes up begin country, select that to start or scroll down one place to end country and select that to end.

toby1234abc:
I end with bed, then country and eject it, never like leaving it in as using the the ignition key in the night messes up the mode.
Or you never know if the lorry needs to be moved for any reason in the night, for the emergency services.
Factory on fire with gas or chemicals, police knock the door to say move on, evacuate.
Some countries prefer the card in to show rest, but nothing in law to say in or out.
On analogue tachos, the French used to allow the unit to be used as a taxi after booking off, drop the trailer to find a restaurant.

Utter rubbish

milodon:
always leave it in and put the end country, no reason to take it out imo. never been near a factory fire, maybe that’s why :laughing:

if the tacho reverts to other work when the ignition is switched on, it has been specifically configured to do so, as opposed to the trucks that I drive that automatically go on a break, if you turn it off.

+1
Card goes in at start of week stays in till next time I’m home 2-3-4 weeks later

the flying foden:

toby1234abc:

Utter rubbish

What our Toby talk utter nonsense surely not !!! :confused: :smiley:

bald bloke:

the flying foden:

toby1234abc:

Utter rubbish

What our Toby talk utter nonsense surely not !!! :confused: :smiley:

:smiley: