Ending your day with card in

also, when checked in continental europe, you have a better chance of not getting a fine for incomplete daily rest when something along the lines of a factory fire happens and you drive with a card in for a couple of minutes (along with a printout and photos etc), than driving with a card out, as it will show up anyway when they stick their usb thingy into the tacho and download it either with or without your card.

having not done a great deal with digi tacho’s and having a good few years away from driving, i’ve just started driving a new fm, this doesn’t ask for for a begin country when the card is put in, but i input it via the the manual entry. is my memory making things up? or did the original digi tacho’s ask for a begin country?

pickandmix:
Hi all. I like to end my day and leave my card in. Some people say just put it on bed others say put on bed then end country. What do you do?

OP doesn’t say whether a tramper or not.

If I was a tramper I’d leave in as I’m still with vehicle so I’d see it as easier to do that and be careful if switching ignition on to make sure mode correct.

But as I do days my card stays with me at all times so I take mine out at end of shift and do any necessary manual entries next day. Too many possibilities if you leave card in and something happens that is recorded on MY card when not there.

To be honest how much inconvenience to do a few entries rather than explain something that’s happened on my card when not there?

I take my card out every 28 days to download it and other than that it never leaves the VDU. I never enter a start or finish country unless I actually change countries during the day, which is very rare, and when VOSA gave me the once-over they didn’t even mention it.

For years I have left my card in all week placing it on rest at the end of the day, only removing on weekends or Holiday (as someone may use it), I have never had an issue. Note - business hours are 07:30-17:00.

UK work only…

im an ejector at the end of shift put it on bed 1st then out it comes never had an infringement or been pulled about it

hedg70:
For years I have left my card in all week placing it on rest at the end of the day, only removing on weekends or Holiday (as someone may use it), I have never had an issue. Note - business hours are 07:30-17:00.

UK work only…

That’s well if you know for certain truck never going to be moved.

A lot of places load overnight or before driver comes in so couldn’t leave in that long.

Our place I can’t as I always have to cancel driving without card. Depends on where you work I suppose

OK this has got me thinking im pretty sure when i select bed mode then press the eject button it asks weather its end of shift i select yes and it does a printout if i eject and say no to end of shift it dosent do printout funny you do these things every day but when you think about it it has you thinking

the maoster:

G6Bob:
Didn’t know that was possible to select end country and keep the card in… How does one do this? I thought you had to push eject, end country, print out Y/N, then card came out :confused:

Call main menu, scroll up or down until you come to “entry driver 1”, select ok it then flashes up begin country, select that to start or scroll down one place to end country and select that to end.

I’ll have a looks see tomorrow. Cheers :smiley:

bjd:
OK this has got me thinking im pretty sure when i select bed mode then press the eject button it asks weather its end of shift i select yes and it does a printout if i eject and say no to end of shift it dosent do printout funny you do these things every day but when you think about it it has you thinking

I don’t think it will be asking ‘end of shift Yes/No’ - I think it will be asking whether you want a print out or not.

When ejecting the card it should automatically ask for country.

shep532:

bjd:

I don’t think it will be asking ‘end of shift Yes/No’ - I think it will be asking whether you want a print out or not.

When ejecting the card it should automatically ask for country.

Yep i think your right