PSV licence

My mate holds a class 2 licence, and is thinking of going for PSV, God knows why. Will he have to have another medical? He’s 37 by the way. Cheers.

no

Yes if he hasn’t sent one to the DVLA in the last year.

I think it’s crazy that a bloke even needs to take a seperate test for a coach when he has a class 2 licence and vice versa. The only difference is the cargo can get quite noisy.

mrpj:
Yes if he hasn’t sent one to the DVLA in the last year.

Unless he already has D provisional on his licence.

which is why we say to tick C & D when applying for the first upgrade provisional.

i agree its bonkers. i had to do my class 2 after driving buses for nearly 2 years before i could do artic

I dont think so, i did it the other way, i’ve had a PSV license since 1997 and went for my class 2 last year, i did not need another medical. He might need one if he does not have a PSV provisional entitlement on his license

Bugger, Rog beat me to it :frowning:

Hectors-dad:
Bugger, Rog beat me to it :frowning:

Insert something witty here<
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cheers all, from what I’ve read here, If he’s got provisenal D, he’s ok. Is that right?

rich1984:
Cheers all, from what I’ve read here, If he’s got provisenal D, he’s ok. Is that right?

YES - cos the medicals run at the same time - only the one needed - it is deemed by DVLA that the medical covers all he had on the licence when he last had it done.

rich1984:
My mate holds a class 2 licence, and is thinking of going for PSV, God knows why. Will he have to have another medical? He’s 37 by the way. Cheers.

A medical no. May need his brains examining though.

Ta very muchly