Fresh medical for coach licence?

Hi all.
I already hold a full class 1 license. If I was to do my coach/bus licence would I have to do a fresh d4 driver medical? Thanks in advance

NoT too sure, but I never did a medical for my LGV, I was an existing PCV licenCe holder, sorry just highlighted the second C as everyone seems to be spelling licence wrong like you did. Just grated on me when people spell it license

Lol fair point just realised I spelt it differently in the title and then different again in the text lol

discoman:
NoT too sure, but I never did a medical for my LGV, I was an existing PCV licenCe holder, sorry just highlighted the second C as everyone seems to be spelling licence wrong like you did. Just grated on me when people spell it license

He might be American. :wink:

How long ago did you do your last D4 medical :question:

When is your next D4 medical due :question:

Have you checked online that you do not already have PCV provisional :question:

I did my last d4 medical In 2012 when I did my class 2 and my next one isn’t due for another 18 years.

I had class D medical with 3 years left before renewal when I took my class 2 test. Enquired with dvla and was informed that I had to take a fresh medical for hgv and once passed it will cover both class D & C for next 5 years. So effectively I only need to have one medical every 5 years and will cover both categories.

discoman:

Sorry but you’ve got it wrong. Licence is a noun so it is a PCV licence holder. However to license is the act of granting the licence so DVLA will license the PSV licence holder. :unamused:

Licence and license. This confusion is so similar to practice and practise that once you’ve learned the difference for one, you instantly know it for the other! Licence is a noun, license is a verb. Before learning to drive, you apply for a provisional driving licence, but the DVLA must license you to drive

If you already have the provisional entitlement on your licence you dont need the medical as far as im aware, its only if you are applying for the said entitlement