lgv c lience

Hi all ,

Ive passed my class c lgv , does that licence give me provisional for cat D psv for buses , or do I have to apply for provisional and have medical again etc . thanks all

No, you need to apply for category D. You may or may not need a medical again depending on when your last one was. Phone the DVLA and ask them.

Have you passed your theory tests for Cat D?

If you gained a D provisional it’s most likely you did it at the same time you applied for your C provisional. Since it would have been as simple as ticking an additional box.

If you have your NI and driving license number handy then have a look here; gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Cheers Chris , I am 48 last medical was 3 years ago , is every 5 years from now on, I phone dvla . what about cpc , ive got cpc card for lgv , do I have do endear another 35 hours of edge of sit entertainment to do cpc for cat d ■■.

Cheers KCLeblanc just checked licence on website , provisional for D1 only , so I need Provisional for cat D if I want to take my test for coaches , is that correct …

shakeymay:
Cheers KCLeblanc just checked licence on website , provisional for D1 only , so I need Provisional for cat D if I want to take my test for coaches , is that correct …

Correct but how come you got D1 prov ?
Will need a new D4 medical for D prov as you do not have it and the last D4 medical was ages ago - if you wait until next D4 LGV medical is due then you can apply for and get D prov without doing an extra one for PCV

If you have a DQC with LGV on it gained by doing the 35 periodic (not the mods 2 + 4 initial) then you need to pass dcpc PCV initial mods 2 + 4 and then PCV gets added to the current LGV DQC expiry date

Thanks Rog , Just phoned DVLA, as you say , I need new medical as the one I took for lgv , is older than 12 months , so got to start from scratch. As for why I got a D1 provision , I can only assume it was put on when I did my car test or bike test before 1997 .

Thanks all

shakeymay:
Thanks Rog , Just phoned DVLA, as you say , I need new medical as the one I took for lgv , is older than 12 months , so got to start from scratch. As for why I got a D1 provision , I can only assume it was put on when I did my car test or bike test before 1997 .

Thanks all

With a pre 97 car licence you do NOT have to do any dcpc initial tests but simply pass D and get PCV added to your current LGV DQC because the pre 97 D1(101) entitles you to grandfather/acquired rights for PCV - you will have to email cpcre@dsa.gsi.gov.uk to get it added
gov.uk/driver-cpc-training/ … e-training

ROG:
the pre 97 D1(101) entitles you to grandfather/acquired rights for PCV

Even if the D1 is provisional entitlement, not full?

Chris1207:

ROG:
the pre 97 D1(101) entitles you to grandfather/acquired rights for PCV

Even if the D1 is provisional entitlement, not full?

If pre 97 licence then you will have D1(101) and that is what the entitlement goes on so ignore the full D1 prov

Rog , for give me for sounding completely thick , do I need to get a cat d prov , or will my cat d1 prov be okay for coach training / test . cheers

shakeymay:
Rog , for give me for sounding completely thick , do I need to get a cat d prov , or will my cat d1 prov be okay for coach training / test . cheers

You need cat D prov to do the training and test but do not need any sort of dcpc training

I am assuming you do not want to be restricted to minibuses (D1) ?

hanks Rog , Crystal clear now, just emailed cpc to see how I add my psv to my dcpc card. just got applied for cat d prov and medical of course , which seems silly as I have a valid medical for my LGV licence , but that the rule. Thanks for help saved me a lot of time hanging on the end of a phone.

Hi, I am currently going through a hgv class 1 course and have had the medical already and Have the theory and practical to complete next. is there any other form of drug testing that may occur on the way to gaining a license?? I’m not a regular user but have recently been away to Amsterdam with my partner. I’m hoping it should be out of my system soon but not fully confident, Please help ■■?

Jake25:
Hi, I am currently going through a hgv class 1 course and have had the medical already and Have the theory and practical to complete next. is there any other form of drug testing that may occur on the way to gaining a license?? I’m not a regular user but have recently been away to Amsterdam with my partner. I’m hoping it should be out of my system soon but not fully confident, Please help ■■?

Surely you mean Class 2, but no, no drugs test.

But, just stop it, while you may feel having the odd joint joint doesn’t affect your driving (or perhaps you smoke it daily?), it does… and, assuming you pass, you’ll soon be in charge of a vehicle that can easily weigh 10-15 times the average car and is more than capable of seriously injuring, even killing, people if you don’t have your wits about you.

Chris1207:
Surely you mean Class 2

LGV C surely !!