Professional CHAV

Monday I stopped at Jcn 23 Truckstop for my break,I finished my breakfast and returned to my wagon,to find a bloke in the process of dropping one of the big high top waste tipper trailers next to me,nothing too untoward there then.

he was about 24 (not stereotyping but he looked like he should have been nicking car stereos or something) :laughing: he pulled out from underneath kangarooing in 1st gear across the car park to pick up a fully loaded waste trailer which took him 8 attempts to get the motor lined up to get underneath :unamused:
without altering the ride height he bashed into the trailer 3 times,he got out connected the airlines and electrics
he made no attempt to check his lights/indicators were working,he wound the legs up,put no number plate on the back got back in his cab and pulled off.

20 meters later as he pulled out and on the turn the trailer fell off inbedded itself in the tarmac and ripped all his lines off.

Now,I try to restrain myself from laughing at other peoples misfortunes as I am a bit superstitious and think that by laughing at other people too much could cause me an equal misfortune,but i thought to myself what a complete â– â– â– â– â– 

I always check lights,indicators,wheelnuts,mot plate,tyres etc ,once im under a trailer I go underneath to check the bolts across the pin and i put the dog clip on wind legs up etc etc put number plate on etc (not in that order mind)

Now is it me :confused: :confused: â– â– ?

I’ve done stupid thing’s in the past when i first started driving wagons,but i’ve always checked the motor the trailer etc before i start,when i change a trailer,during and at the end of the day.
mistakes are made but say he’d made it on to the M1 for instance and lost it on the carriageway :open_mouth:

Any other person you could maybe put it down to an accident,but this bloke really did’nt look like he gave a ■■■■ while he was hitching himself up (probably texting or rolling a spliff or something) :laughing: :laughing: (not stereotyping though :wink: :laughing: )

i been driving 32+ years and still stick to the same seqeunce i was taught. never dropped a trailor on its knees and never been pulled an caught with a dodgy outfit. my rear end is always covered

I guess some people really don’t care huh? :open_mouth:

I carry a torch and get under the trailer to see if the pins locked, paranoid I know, but better safe than sorry…

There are drivers and then there are screwdrivers!!

Always keep to the same routine when dropping and picking up trailers then I dont forget things - I also carry a Maglight to check the pin