Dozy driver of the week is

one of our lads-
turns up for work at 4 a.m,book signed ,goes and sits in canteen as no point in asking if jobs ready as they never are, sits there chatting away with us and drinking coffee ,then 3 hrs later,7 a.m he goes and asks if his loads ready yet, to be met by blank looks from planner, your not down on list for today :question:
after some investigation its found the drivers booked the day off as a HOLIDAY,last seen scuttling out door :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

we had a driver who hitched up to the wrong trailer ( an empty one ) & drove all the way to Swansea from Northampton to deliver 48 pallets of fresh air :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: - When he opened the curtains they were not amused :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Which just goes to prove there are indeed some incredibly dumb drivers around.

Gives an understanding as to why the ones who can do the job get treated the same as all the rest.

tonyhogi:
we had a driver who hitched up to the wrong trailer ( an empty one ) & drove all the way to Swansea from Northampton to deliver 48 pallets of fresh air :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: - When he opened the curtains they were not amused :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

you think that’s bad i know of a driver that forgot his drag, he was delving to use some flower from rank and the goods were on the drag 8 pallets 200 mile from depot, rings up the boss if his drag is in the yard as I lost it, the boss was not a happy chap did not see the driver again :stuck_out_tongue:

Driveroneuk:

Gives an understanding as to why the ones who can do the job get treated the same as all the rest.

There is one here. :stuck_out_tongue:

I drove to the yard, put my gear in the truck and card in. Then sent a message to my planner. she replied after about an hour as was normal saying I wasn’t at work today. I had brought a trailer in from France for Scotland and dropped it. I expected taking another trailer on the Monday and she had already given me Monday off

But you couldn’t be expected to know that Malc unless she had told you?

Driveroneuk:

I believe that too. Although i have to say i’ve had my moments too !!

Driveroneuk:

We all have to shove our notes through a hatch, sit there,shut up and say nowt for a few hours and do as we’re told. What makes you think that you should get special treatment?!!!

Anyway, whats the bets on Adys next post? " are you entitled to another day off to go to see the doctor if you forgot your original appointment?" I’m running a book at the minute, 5 to 1 on :smiley:

delboytwo:

tonyhogi:

you think that’s bad i know of a driver that forgot his drag, he was delving to use some flower from rank and the goods were on the drag 8 pallets 200 mile from depot, rings up the boss if his drag is in the yard as I lost it, the boss was not a happy chap did not see the driver again :stuck_out_tongue:

when did you do that then del■■? :wink:

Dozy drivers? been there and done that, after 6 weeks away finally rolled up at Dunquerke to get the ferry home… shame I was booked P&O out of Calais :blush: :blush: :blush: , I of course wont mention the unfortunate incident where I missed the M9 turn off while under poilce ■■■■■■, the 144 foot load with a 44 foot over hang over the back made getting back on route an experience, :blush: :blush: and I have a fair few more “Errors” in my time

but they all made life interesting !! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Driveroneuk:
But you couldn’t be expected to know that Malc unless she had told you?

Or hadn’t told me :blush:

garnerlives:

delboytwo:

tonyhogi:

when did you do that then del■■? :wink:

not me mate that happen in 89

It is Human to err , as long as one learns from this then
we are Human not a cold machine with a hard drive .
also as long as the Boss never gets to know then its all
right hopefully he say,s :smiley:

Just this afternoon I sailed straight past the London Colney junction on the M25, didn’t even realise I had done it until I saw the sign for the M1 junction. Luckily I was in time to get off at the St Albans/Watford junction and spin round. :blush: :blush:

here`s another one . Remember being overtaken by a lorry making a strange noise :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: ;as it passed i could see something attached to the fuel tank :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . then i realised it was a diesl pump nozzle & rubber hose stiil mounted in the filler neck :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: