numpty!!!!!!

started new job this week and its going good :smiley:

monday im on my way to huntingdon and get a bloody great screw puncture the driverside tag axle wheel :blush:

and today well what can i say about today.

im at united biscuits at ashby putting my empty trailer on a loading bay .backed on wound down the legs pulled pin (close coupled trailer ) so dropped air out of suspension so i could pull forward and get the air lines off without getting covered in grease.

when all of a sudden theres a almighty BANG. so i go to investigate and across the road is express daries and a driver had pulled the trailer off the bay and the trailer slipped off the unit and hit the deck smashing the diesel tank and side impact bars on the trailer :open_mouth: .

so there i am now thinking what a numpty that driver was,and jumped straight in the cab and pulled off.

next thing BANG!!! i only went and pulled off without disconnecting the air lines.
so theres the unit stuck in the middle of the bloody yard blocking 2 bays :unamused:

result 1x red airline,1x yellow airlineand 1x abs lead that i could have wrapped around the bloody building :blush: :blush: :blush:
as the fitter said “if your going to do a job do it properly”

so the moral of the story is:
never mind whats going on around you ,focus on the job at hand :laughing: :laughing:

jon

i’m not laughing at you jonboy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: alright jonboy i lied lmfao at you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

never laugh at someone else’s mishaps,as it will cost you in the end :laughing: :laughing:

DOH!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

I used to work for a well known N. Ireland haulier and while dropping a trailer in the yard at Portadown,got talking to one of the other drivers(as you do) wound down legs,pulled pin ,pulled forward .Loud sound of air!!!,forgot the airlines,well having been a one-time O/D I usually carry a few olives and a few spanners,soon had lines fixed(and no Bollockings!)over to trafffic office.“Pick up trailer D247 driver and make sure you put it thro the wash”, off I goes picks up trailer thro wash(which is one of these 3 brush big ones ,like a car wash )and the brush goes up over the cab, and instead of going over the trailer,comes down the back of the unit ripping off all the air lines and both electric lines!! doh!! why do I bother
regards derek

ive seen a similar thing.
driver drops his trailer on its knees. the driver on the next bay who is also dropping his trailer gets out and has a good laugh. then carries on uncoupling and talking to the other driver at the same time( a big no no in my book ,talking and uncoupling).
anyhow he climbs in the cab and pulls out. i scream at him to stop and he does, thank god.however he had stretched his airlines by about ten feet. well he gets outs and has a look. hes a bit more embarrased than the first bloke now.
the next bit had me laughing my head off though. :laughing:
he goes up and takes off the first airline with his right hand then he gets the other with his left. this one slipped straight through his fingers and catapults back through the rear window of his daf 85.
and to think he nearly got away with that. :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing:

Neverrr done it yet! 18 yrs and no trailer on it’s knees!
I always follow my dad’s rule couple up, start at pin and go anti-clockwise. :arrow_right: number plate.
Then drop off vice versa. If some one interrupts, start again!
But I was once on night trunk. Day driver “I’ve dropped the trailer left unit under it, and it’s ready to go”. I jumps in thought pull out get under trailer X (whatever was on the notes) and do my checks. Next thing. BANG!! go the airlines!
Lesson/Moral = Always check it! Don’t trust anyone! Alright Brian you [zb]!

oooooppps :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: are they treating ya well jon